Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jorgensen 10-in Smooth Plane

Looking at Jim's pictures I was looking at the screw. if the end of the thread is ball shaped it would allow the cap to self level.
    Tom

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bussey View Post
    Looking at Jim's pictures I was looking at the screw. if the end of the thread is ball shaped it would allow the cap to self level.
    The only problem is the threads under the cap do not catch a lot of threads and the bolt is a little floppy.

The bolt on mine wasn't set square in the knurled disk:

Lever Cap Screw not Square.jpg

It didn't seem quality was the first order of business in the making of this plane.

It might be possible to convert this to use a slightly longer carriage bolt.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I am intrigued by the 60-1/2 plane they are offering, looks like it could be a decent plane for 35 dollars

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Lorden View Post
    I am intrigued by the 60-1/2 plane they are offering, looks like it could be a decent plane for 35 dollars
    Ethan, if you do purchase one, please share your experience here. It would be of interest for others to see how well it worked out of the box and if any "tune up" work was required to get it working better.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)