Thread: Getting Over a Rough One

Blog Entries

Getting Over a Rough One

Last Tuesday or Wednesday some monster cold got a hold of me. Some nighttime medicine worked find during the day 'cause I weren't up to going anywhere.

Vitamin C helped. A lot of rest helped. At one point Candy said I was out for more than 24 hours straight.

Today is the first day I could stand up for any length of time without having to sit down for a while.

Hopefully in a couple of days I will be able to drive down to California to help a friend with his physical rehabilitation. He suffered a stroke and was just released from the hospital.

Stay healthy all, try not to catch anything that isn't a fish.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Take care of yourself first Jim. You don't want to have a relapse away from home, or infect your friend. Covid test? If that is what hit you, a little rest is very important.

As we age, it takes longer to come back.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Take care of yourself first Jim. You don't want to have a relapse away from home, or infect your friend. Covid test? If that is what hit you, a little rest is very important.

As we age, it takes longer to come back.
    Everything Rick said. I had a cold last month that seemed normal at first and circled back and really knocked me out. Give it time and rest!

Been taking Vitamin C daily for years. Have not had a cold or flu for over 20 years.
    Stay well everyone.

That's a long drive Jim. Don't need a setback - make sure you are 100%. Well wishes.
    Regards,

Kris

In November, I had the RSV Virus and it put me out for 16 days in bed. Add another two weeks to get my stamina and wind back.
    Regards,

Tom

Over Christmas, both wife and I had Covid. Caught it on a seniors bus trip, along with four others. By all four of us coming down at the same time, we knew it was on bus trip. Wife still has cough, and I still tire easily. Now my mid afternoon nap (heart doctor's orders) is the high point of my day. Make sure you are completely well before starting on a trip. FYI, most insurances cover, as in FREE, four Covid test kits per month now.

Blog Entries

The Best Laid Plans of Mice & Men

Well that didn't work out. Sunday morning at about 5:00 am I started dry heaving and everything was spinning around. At about 8:00am Candy decided to call an ambulance.

The doctors couldn't figure out anything to cause what they called vertigo. They made arrangements for a medical transport to take me home. Now a couple days later I'm able to stand without falling down. Still a bit shaky, but things are getting better.

One doctor thought it might have been something I ate causing a gastro-intestinal virus. Another thought it could be fluid in my ears from my previous cold/virus.

Seems we might not have gotten much from the hospital visit other than a bill. Hope my insurance covers most of that.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Glad you're feeling good enough to post and let everyone know you're ok.
    As everyone has said, take care of yourself, whatever form that takes

I contracted labyrinthitus, an inner ear virus, about 30 yrs ago. It cleaned my clock in no uncertain terms. I used to work the steel at 350’ and go rock climbing weekends. Those days are now long gone. It took a few years for my equilibrium to settle down. I still stay away from edges on hikes. I was set for my final solo to get my private pilots license and still haven’t taken it. Bummer.

I hope you bounce back quickly Jim. On to the next roast hunt…!

Glad you are feeling a little better.
    Take it slow and easy.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”