Thread: large standing sign

large standing sign

Hi, looking for advice on methodology to fabricate single letter signs as in photo but 1.8m tall to be installed in sand very close to a beach restaurant. Has to be weather proof. Had thought of 12mm PVC board, jigsaw cut. Have never tried such signs before. Grateful for input.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sam Gardner Seychelles Islands, Indian Ocean
    1xGCC Spirit GLS 80W, 2xGCC Spirit 25W, 1 GCC Jaguar IV vinyl cutter,
    1 Shenhui 4x4 CNC router, Sublimation, Melco Amaya Embroidery
    Unique by a thousand miles!

FINGER LAKES AREA , CENTRAL NEW YORK STATE
    Can you do it with a banner tha has the 3d graphic look ?
    Looks like you are in the decorating business . There is a company that sells only to the trades called Signs365 https://www.signs365.com/#home
    We ahve used them for canvas banners they are great and fast. They have several products that might work for you check them out.

However if your customer wants the 3D look I would suggest this may not be the job for you.
    I was in the decorating business for 17 years and have been making sawdust for 50+ years I would not touch this job with a 10 foot pole and at any price.
    mike calabrese

Something like that can be fabricated with a lot of different kinds of non-wood materials, but the size and location pretty much dictates that the letters have a strong internal framework so that they can survive "in the wild". That kind of framework would typically be welded steel based on what I've seen from pro signmakers. You may need to work with a local resource that can do that kind of work as a subcontractor if it's not in your wheelhouse.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Signs at the beach will be sand blasted by most storms and will rarely last very long.
    Use solid surface material, the color will never be blasted away.