Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your best guess on the UFOs we've been shooting down?

What's your best guess on the UFOs we've been shooting down?

Obviously the first one was a balloon. Without getting political what do you think? May be some new type of drone. It's sort of like Science Fiction. However as of today, we're shooting down UFOs!

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

Blog Entries
    I guess it is something not to discuss! I have some ideas how to bring one down whole. Inspector Gadget, The Rocketeer, and Felix Baumgartner will all need to participate.

I do not think there are many options at 40,000 feet. Shoot a balloon from a U-2 a with a .22 (rather than a RPG) and let it leak down slow? Or snag it with a grappling hook attached to a self deploying parachute? There was an interesting paper from the RAND Think Tank a few years back. I was a little surprised to find it on the web.

(no title)
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 02-12-2023 at 8:41 PM. Reason: ideas + link
    Best Regards, Maurice

Blog Entries
    However as of today, we're shooting down UFOs!
    That could have a lot of connotations. The "official" designation these days is UAP, Unknown Airel Phenomenon.

If it is of earth origin it will likely go down as us shooting down spy craft of theirs and them shooting down our spy craft.

Rememer Gary Powers? > https://history.state.gov/milestones...60/u2-incident

If it is actually a surveillance probe from extraterrestrials, we will likely get a cover story.

Depending on the civilization that sent it the connotation could be they deem us still too violent to contact. They could also just be testing our defence systems to determine if they find any value for them on our planet.

Who knows, maybe they have a need for great amounts of plastic to recycle and a life cycle that breaths our pollutants.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I think China and Russia have algorithms tapping cell phones to figure out where the hot sources of conspiracy theories are coming from so they know where to spend their money in the next election. As good a theory as anyone who knows no more than what any of us has heard is.

Gary Powers?

Austin Powers

Drone with some sort of top secret stealth/anti-radar.

A lot of the "sightings" of these UAPs don't appear to be visually done, instead it's usually on radar. So I'm guessing whatever is causing these crazying readings of things moving at Mach 10, etc, is somehow related to issues with how the radar dishes are receiving their signals back. The fewer visual sightings might just be a drone that's capable of doing a lot more speed than a normal airplane because the pilot is currently the biggest limitation there. A lot of the rest might be people just not seeing things correctly. Happens all the time when you ask people to tell you about something that happened very quickly. Lots of outrageous stories and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    Gary Powers?

Austin Powers
    Gonna go with Stephanie Powers !

I’m glad they used a F22 to shoot it down before it went supersonic.
    Aj

Friendly fire. No more balloon talk.

Aliens!

Aliens trying to deliver the answer to world piece and a cure for all cancers.

Blog Entries
    We may need a way to deploy a slow mover to a specific spot very quickly. Too bad we did not have a Zephyr Series drone close by so these UFO's could be checked out peacefully.
    Best Regards, Maurice

We have some people working for us that are a Lot smarter than any politician or newscaster. I expect the U-2's read what it was receiving, and had it sending episodes of 3 Stooges TV shows. I'm sure we learned a lot more of value to us than they learned of value to them. It's just not going to be talked about.

News on the one over Lake Huron says --- The object appeared to be octagonal in structure, with strings hanging off but no discernible payload, said a U.S. official speaking on condition of anonymity.

Amazing! I hope we learn what it is.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

hmmm, size of a small car, no visible means of propulsion, dangling cords..........

maybe the mooring cords on the car cover of the flubber car broke loose

flubber car.jpg
    Last edited by Mike Soaper; 02-13-2023 at 7:07 PM.
    Hobbyist woodworker
    Maryland

Blog Entries
    They might be some of Arthur Conan Doyles Horrors Of The Heights, or Roald Dahll's Gremlins. Either way we need some high altitude slow movers to check them out.
    Best Regards, Maurice