Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 57 of 57

Thread: 5 x 10 CNC's with upgrade possibility to auto tool changer

  1. https://youtube.com/shorts/6rkxcl34xIs?feature=share

    Here is a short video I took cutting some pockets using a 1/2" 3 flute rougher in box store sheathing plywood to make parts for one of my customers. It is a long tool - too long for only a 11mm cut so it is singing quite a bit (might want to keep the volume low). But it is one of the bits that I got in my large Alibaba carbide order and I neglected to get short roughing bits, only 60mm cut length. It would be handy to have a few at 25mm cut length so that they can really plow through wood at max speed (800IPM currently set on the machine - but these settings are adjustable, so I will likely see if faster is possible sometime this year). These are throw-away pieces to be used as product demos with an inset piece of thin concrete set inside the pocket.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SCal
    Posts
    1,477
    Great video Matt... that is quite the machine, very impressive. I have contacted them, and they are working to provide me a unique machine.... just like you stated early on, the value is quite impressive. Thx again for sharing all that you have, I am certain I am not the only one you have helped. Be in touch shortly...

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Will Blick View Post
    Great video Matt... that is quite the machine, very impressive. I have contacted them, and they are working to provide me a unique machine.... just like you stated early on, the value is quite impressive. Thx again for sharing all that you have, I am certain I am not the only one you have helped. Be in touch shortly...
    Great. It is certainly a game changer, especially because I would not otherwise be able to afford (or want to take the risk) of a $80,000 purchase for something else comparable.
    I like the LNC controller. But I don't have any other experience with Syntec.
    Just don't get the cheap 2.2kw vacuum pumps. Go to an auction site like IRS Auctions and get a used big vac pump for the same or less price.
    I paid extra for Yaskawa servos. Worth it? Not sure, but they are said to be the best.
    I like the automatic lube system - but you have to manually operate it several times in a row when you get the machine to make sure that every line is full of oil - a few of mine were still full of air. It will result in some over-oiling and drips of the shorter lines, but then at least everything is getting lube at the same time.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SCal
    Posts
    1,477
    I am waiting for upgrade costs for the servos and auto lube system.
    thx for information on the vacuum table... better to order without and deal with that here?
    what CAM are you using, did they provide it?
    They did not offer the side mount edge joinery kit for dovetails, etc. But I can prob. rig one up myself, as its just a side holding platform.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Will Blick View Post
    I am waiting for upgrade costs for the servos and auto lube system.
    thx for information on the vacuum table... better to order without and deal with that here?
    what CAM are you using, did they provide it?
    They did not offer the side mount edge joinery kit for dovetails, etc. But I can prob. rig one up myself, as its just a side holding platform.
    Get a vacuum table, just not the cheap vacuum pumps. They probably offer better rotary vane pumps (either Chinese or Becker, etc), even a Roots blower is supposed to be pretty good. Just don't go with a simple regenerative blower vacuum pump as they can only pull 10" hg max vacuum.

    Which model are you looking at? The cheap models are cheap for a reason as they leave out features like Auto Lube, etc. The higher end models come with all of that standard. But StyleCNC will also build you a machine with any combination of features.

    They had an old program ArtCam, but I was not interested as I knew that I should either be working in Vectric or Fusion360. I bought Vcarve Pro and it is easy to use.

    My model has space in front of the table and behind it that I could take off covers and have enough space to rig up a vertical table. Not sure if I will bother, but it is possible. Dovetails of various sorts can be cut laying flat, just not all types.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SCal
    Posts
    1,477
    STM1212C-R1
    which is 4x4 table size, w indexer
    3KW air cooled spindle
    added auto lube
    #5 pcs linear tool storage
    #Taiwan LNC control system
    #T-slot table and vacuum table
    #2* vacuum pump(air cooling) the 2 table vac pumps which I will prob. remove...
    any thoughts?






  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Iowa USA
    Posts
    4,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Joseph Rogers View Post
    https://youtube.com/shorts/6rkxcl34xIs?feature=share

    Here is a short video I took cutting some pockets using a 1/2" 3 flute rougher in box store sheathing plywood to make parts for one of my customers. It is a long tool - too long for only a 11mm cut so it is singing quite a bit (might want to keep the volume low). But it is one of the bits that I got in my large Alibaba carbide order and I neglected to get short roughing bits, only 60mm cut length. It would be handy to have a few at 25mm cut length so that they can really plow through wood at max speed (800IPM currently set on the machine - but these settings are adjustable, so I will likely see if faster is possible sometime this year). These are throw-away pieces to be used as product demos with an inset piece of thin concrete set inside the pocket.
    Impressed.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa. , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , WorkBee 1000x750 CNC Router - Mach4 - Windows 10

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Joseph Rogers View Post
    https://youtube.com/shorts/6rkxcl34xIs?feature=share

    Here is a short video I took cutting some pockets using a 1/2" 3 flute rougher in box store sheathing plywood to make parts for one of my customers. It is a long tool - too long for only a 11mm cut so it is singing quite a bit (might want to keep the volume low). But it is one of the bits that I got in my large Alibaba carbide order and I neglected to get short roughing bits, only 60mm cut length. It would be handy to have a few at 25mm cut length so that they can really plow through wood at max speed (800IPM currently set on the machine - but these settings are adjustable, so I will likely see if faster is possible sometime this year). These are throw-away pieces to be used as product demos with an inset piece of thin concrete set inside the pocket.
    Very impressive looking machine!!
    David

  9. Quote Originally Posted by David Buchhauser View Post
    Very impressive looking machine!!
    David
    Yeah, it wonít be doing much for a bit as my wife is in the hospital (but getting better as of today). Good thing that I didnít buy an expensive machine on credit or I would be worrying about the loan payments all this time.

    Does anyone have a good link to a reasonable (non-vortex) 25mm cutting length 1/2Ē diameter 2 or 3 flute roughing bit for wood? I can find plenty of ones on Amazon for metal, but none specifically for wood.

  10. #55
    well worth a try.... I use their wood and aluminum endmills all the time.
    https://www.carbidetoolsource.com/ro...l-for-aluminum
    Brian Lamb
    Lamb Tool Works, Custom tools for woodworkers
    Equipment: Felder KF700 and AD741, Milltronics CNC Mill, Universal Laser X-600

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Brian Lamb View Post
    well worth a try.... I use their wood and aluminum endmills all the time.
    https://www.carbidetoolsource.com/ro...l-for-aluminum
    Sold out, of course. I was just about to buy one. Price is good, all depends on if the angles are correct for wood. I have heard that it is the clearance angle that makes the most difference. I donít know my tool grinding specifications, but I assume more clearance is required for the larger chips that we can take with wood to prevent the tool from rubbing on the cut.

  12. #57
    Go with the 3/8" x 1" LOC, will work fine. The 3 flute aluminum grind has plenty of positive rake. Any end mill ground for aluminum will eat wood like it's warm butter.
    Brian Lamb
    Lamb Tool Works, Custom tools for woodworkers
    Equipment: Felder KF700 and AD741, Milltronics CNC Mill, Universal Laser X-600

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •