Thread: Need parts for a Delta 14" band saw

Blog Entries

Need parts for a Delta 14" band saw

I'm looking for a source for parts for a Delta Model 28-274C band saw. Specifically the lower blade guide. I was going to do some resawing today and changed blades on my band saw. After I got the new blade in place, I noticed that the blade guide on the right side of the blade was loose. I inserted an allen wrench in the set screw and just as I moved the allen wrench the block holder fell off the saw in two pieces. I'm not sure what caused it to break, but I now need a replacement. The part is die cast aluminum. The part number is 426-02-355-0004S Lower Blade Guide Assembly. All the sites I have checked thus far saw the part is discontinued. These include:

https://www.renovoparts.com
    https://www.toolpartspro.com
    https://www.repairtoolparts.com
    https://www.ereplacementparts.com

I have seen some "upgrade kits" from Carter and sawblade.com. Are there other OEM parts or replacement sources I should consider?
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Lee,

Have you tried Grizzly? A few years back I ordered parts for my old Ridgid 14” and they fit perfectly.

Jay

There's usually someone parting out one on ebay.

I replaced my Delta blade guides with Carter ball bearing guides. I saved the original guides. I am away from the shop until next Tuesday. I will check the saw model and part number when I get back. I will be happy to send them to you if they fit.

Is it the blade guide block holder? Try R&D Bandsaws, bottom of page https://tufftooth.com/product-catego...sories/page/2/

Check out Iturra Design or Owwm.org.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    Is it the blade guide block holder? Try R&D Bandsaws, bottom of page https://tufftooth.com/product-catego...sories/page/2/
    The part you referenced is the upper guide. The lower guide is much more complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike O'Keefe View Post
    Check out Iturra Design or Owwm.org.
    It would appear that Inturra is no longer in business and their lower guide rollers suggestions would not work in a broken guide holder. They also refer to the Carter upgrade kits.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 01-21-2023 at 7:33 AM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

If you keep running into dead ends on finding a replacement, you might consider scouting out people in your area that have the proper equipment for aluminum (TIG) welding.

I swapped mine out for the Carter guides many years ago, and have replaced the tensioning system with aftermarket parts that work much better as well. I have the old guides in a box somewhere, I'll hunt for them today. You wouldn't be unhappy with the Carter bearings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Michaels View Post
    If you keep running into dead ends on finding a replacement, you might consider scouting out people in your area that have the proper equipment for aluminum (TIG) welding.
    The part in question is die-cast Zamak, (zinc aluminum alloy) not weldable.

Can you post a picture of exactly the part you need without having to look it up? I may have one too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Can you post a picture of exactly the part you need without having to look it up? I may have one too.
    20230121_161541.jpg20230121_161553.jpg

My saw was made for the Canadian market so all the threaded parts are metric.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 01-21-2023 at 4:37 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

Lee,

My Delta 14” is model 28-203. It is an American model. I believe that it uses English threaded socket head screws. The Carter guide came with metric socket head screws in case they were needed. I can include those. Or, you can use the ones you have. There is a mention in the Carter installation guide about a manufacturing modification that results in an 1/8 inch offset for later models. I do not have the manual for my band saw which was bought used so I do not know if part numbers are different from yours. We could probably find a manual online.

Here is a picture of my guides. The lower guide looks the same as yours.
    3775E55B-47F7-4D60-ABC2-2852B84BD3A1.jpg

I will be happy to send the parts to you. You can send me a mailing address in s private message.