Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Norm is Back !!

I have a standalone 24'x30' workshop and several thousands of dollars worth of woodworking equipment because of Norm and NYW. I recorded his retirement special from TOH and haven't deleted it yet. I enjoy watching it periodically.

NYW was and is still, my preferred ww show because of his calm demeanor and simple explanations of how and why.

I will have to start viewing his videos again.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Started watching those old episodes, again. How great to have them.

Something that struck me, though, is that he doesn't show much/any sanding (other than, say, sanding a glue joint). If building, say, a table, I'd typically sand the legs, rails, etc, prior to assembly (and this sanding takes a huge amount of time). Having "learned woodworking" from Norm, though, seeing him "skip" this made me question myself a bit: is he just not showing the sanding step, or is waiting to sand until assembly is complete common/possible/preferred?

"NYW was and is still, my preferred ww show because of his calm demeanor and simple explanations of how and why."

--Ken Fitzgerald

BINGO! Ya got that right.

Norm got me into woodworking. I remember the outrage in the ltrs to the editor the month after he was on the cover of FWW. As I gaze across my workshop I can tell you that LN, Festool, Delta, Dewalt, Grizzly, etc and the many many suppliers and manuf have been thrilled with the show. Way to go Norm and thanks!