Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ordering Chinese CNC bits

BTW I have some Chinese router bits and other stuff, but I do not shop based on price alone. I look at reviews and other sources such as this website for information before buying. I would never buy $1200 worth of anything unless I had used that source before and Know they or it was fine. You have not tried the other bits for function yet and that is the proof of quality. I have two Chinese lasers, both from USA sellers. I try to buy USA made router bits when I can however.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Matthew, Are you even aware that you will need a customs broker to get your CNC machine into the USA ? Good luck......

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Roock View Post
    Matthew, Are you even aware that you will need a customs broker to get your CNC machine into the USA ? Good luck......
    Of course I am. What’s with everyone here? How many items have you imported before? Because this is not my first, and won’t be my last.

In fact there are two layers of the customs process. The manufacturer took care of the first layer, the ISF, and my Customs team is assisting with any remaining paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Joseph Rogers View Post
    Of course I am. What’s with everyone here? How many items have you imported before? Because this is not my first, and won’t be my last.

In fact there are two layers of the customs process. The manufacturer took care of the first layer, the ISF, and my Customs team is assisting with any remaining paperwork.
    I am very familiar with the "customs process", no lessons needed here. Also very familiar with the many extra fees that add up. There is no problem with "everyone here". "Everyone here" is familiar with Chinese "quality", nothing new under the sun regarding that. It is your money, if you want to chance it with Chinese "quality" , then it is your business. There is a real good reason why any equipment has such a lower price, as you will discover soon. Good luck.

I am very familiar with the "customs process", no lessons needed here. Also very familiar with the many extra fees that add up. There is no problem with "everyone here". "Everyone here" is familiar with Chinese "quality", nothing new under the sun regarding that. It is your money, if you want to chance it with Chinese "quality" , then it is your business. There is a real good reason why any equipment has such a lower price, as you will discover soon. Good luck.
    So why did you buy a “crap quality” Harvey bandsaw? You do know that it is made in China, right? How could you be so “cheap” to buy such poor quality tools?

Why bother commenting on this post if all you want to do is say that this machine, which you have no experience and very little knowledge, is not good? You are making assumptions. Are 850w Yaskawa servos and controls crap? Are 30mm Hiwin linear guides crap? Is 8mm steel thickness for the base crap?

Your only question was one that was pointedly trying to make it seems like I didn’t do any research about customs, or was not familiar with the process.

This is why I said what I said. There is some sort of bias here right now, just because Bill got his panties in a knot and made the decision that I was some sort of Chinese advertising bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Joseph Rogers View Post
    So why did you buy a “crap quality” Harvey bandsaw? You do know that it is made in China, right? How could you be so “cheap” to buy such poor quality tools?

Why bother commenting on this post if all you want to do is say that this machine, which you have no experience and very little knowledge, is not good? You are making assumptions. Are 850w Yaskawa servos and controls crap? Are 30mm Hiwin linear guides crap? Is 8mm steel thickness for the base crap?

Your only question was one that was pointedly trying to make it seems like I didn’t do any research about customs, or was not familiar with the process.

This is why I said what I said. There is some sort of bias here right now, just because Bill got his panties in a knot and made the decision that I was some sort of Chinese advertising bot.
    Your replies are the only issue here. "Panties in a knot" = really ? This is not a high school forum. I did not buy a Harvey Bandsaw. I asked a simple & reasonable question if you were aware of needing a custom broker - have had experience with people importing tools and other items who had no idea that a customs broker was needed. Your machine has not even arrived in port - you also have no actual experience with it. Your $ = your business, I did wish you good luck. Maybe you could actually use said machine for an extended period of time to benefit everyone with feedback on actual performance of this machine, before you make such claims. Once again, good luck.

This horse is dead I think

Matthew, I do look forward to some posts on your experience and some projects you plan on doing with your new machine/bits. The beauty is we all can spend our money however we want! To be fair, I think you took a beating because you're swinging pretty far the other way suggesting others aren't spending wisely... If you're going to give it, be ready to take it...

Your replies are the only issue here. "Panties in a knot" = really ? This is not a high school forum. I did not buy a Harvey Bandsaw. I asked a simple & reasonable question if you were aware of needing a custom broker - have had experience with people importing tools and other items who had no idea that a customs broker was needed. Your machine has not even arrived in port - you also have no actual experience with it. Your $ = your business, I did wish you good luck. Maybe you could actually use said machine for an extended period of time to benefit everyone with feedback on actual performance of this machine, before you make such claims. Once again, good luck.
    You have a post asking about running a Harvey bandsaw on a voltage transformer, I (perhaps wrongly) assumed that you owned that saw seeing that you were calling the company for tech support. But they are made in China. So another piece of “you pay for crap, you get crap” according to everyone here. Who probably all also use Grizzly, Jet, Woodcraft, and every other tool that is also made in China.

See, that’s the thing. I never made such claims that the machine “cuts better than anything else”, or that it was god’s gift to the world. I only told of the process of buying the machine and it’s specs, price, and my experience. Then people started going off on how Chinese stuff is crap, that I made such a bad decision, that I will end up paying way more, etc.

In this thread, I told the process of buying some end mills direct from China. The prices are great, the process was easy, a few of them are not 100%, but that’s standard for Chinese stuff. That’s fine. I didn’t make the claim that they were better than Vortex or lasted longer than their end mills. I only said that these are what I bought and how to do so if you want to do the same.

And by the way, there were no customs charges on the $1100 of end mills, at least on my end. So the price was exactly the same as what I initially paid.

Everyone keeps saying that I am buying crap and hating on Chinese machines when 95% of all the stuff is made in China. They can do a good job. They can also make crap. But their good stuff is certainly cheaper.