Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TSO Parallel Guide Storage

Blog Entries

TSO Parallel Guide Storage

I recently bought the TSO parallel guides (20” and 30” lengths) and I’m very happy with their quality. It definitely is a pay once cry once because the cost is definitely up there. I will likely go ahead and get the 50” rails as well.

In my shop I’ll likely just hang them on my tool wall for storage. But on occasion I’ll take them to use away from my shop. I’m wondering what others use to store and transport all the pieces with?

I know that’s an advantage of the Woodpeckers set is it breaks down and can be stored in a Systainer. I’d definitely like to know what others are using for the TSO parallel guides.

99CB19FC-A4F6-400E-A1F3-C785400A841D.jpg

I have some home made parallel guides for my Dewalt tracksaw and I store them in the bag with my short rails.

I have a pegboard that I hang my long levels, Festool Tracks, straight edges. So with my TSO parallel guides, I just drilled a couple of small holes in the end and they hang up here also.

Blog Entries
    FE9B6108-EF89-4BAD-A7F8-915D24DCA126.jpg

They hang nicely and I’ll make a French clear to hold the rods and Allen wrench.

I don’t have bags for my rails but maybe a short rail bag would be useful for transport.

At least for the shorter versions, a rifle case might work well for transporting them. Some such cases have squared ends and don’t look like traditional gun cases.

Flambeau and/or Plano make hard plastic cases that will hold & protect your guides. The former being the more economical and the latter, the more expensive. It's a shame they don't make cases for the tracks (>55").
    I made a hard case out of 1/2" plywood for my tracks. It weighs a ton, but, it does the job.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the rifle case suggestions!
    I had thought I should get my rifle case out and see if something like that may work but hadn't done it.
    This sounds like it would work.

I have the Makita track saw and bought the Makita rifle style case for the 55" tracks. It has pockets in it and hold down straps that hold my tracks, my TSO guides, wrenches, and other parts well enough. I am sure a systainer would be nice but this take up no extra room and they are always with my tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Jarchow View Post
    I have the Makita track saw and bought the Makita rifle style case for the 55" tracks. It has pockets in it and hold down straps that hold my tracks, my TSO guides, wrenches, and other parts well enough. I am sure a systainer would be nice but this take up no extra room and they are always with my tracks.
    Is that a bag or a hard case?
    I've searched high and low for a 60" plastic case for my tracks. I can't find anything over 50" long.
    I ended up making a box out of 1/2" plywood - but - it's heavy and breaks easy.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Is that a bag or a hard case?
    I've searched high and low for a 60" plastic case for my tracks. I can't find anything over 50" long.
    I ended up making a box out of 1/2" plywood - but - it's heavy and breaks easy.
    As far as I know Makita and Dewalt only make a padded canvas bag. Powertec has padded canvas as well that says it will hold a 60" .

How about a pool cue case? Just rip the foam stuff out that seperates the two pieces of the cue. Not sure if that's long enough but I can check at some point.
    Last edited by John Kananis; 01-26-2023 at 6:18 PM. Reason: Grammar

Hockey stick case. They are easily 60-70" long and they usually unzip along the full length prettymuch. All your "accessories" can be in the bottom

If you need a longer bag check out Lee Valley they have a "Lee Valley Track Saw Guide Rail Bag for 3000mm (120") Guide Rail".

Sorry for the delayed response. It is a soft case and is 57.5" long.

https://www.amazon.com/Makita-B-5761...s%2C96&sr=8-23