Thread: Anyone have access to a manual for a Balestrini Micron 2 oscillating Slot Mortiser?

Anyone have access to a manual for a Balestrini Micron 2 oscillating Slot Mortiser?

Hello...

I just acquired a rather distressed Balestrini Micron 2. The deal was too good to pass up.

It needs some love, but I seems that it is mostly cosmetic. It looks like from the factory it was wire as 220 3ph originally and then changed to 440 volt 3ph (the machine plate has the 220 struck through and 440 added).

So I need to re-wire it to 220 3ph or get a step up transformer. We will see on that.

A manual would help in the breakdown and cleaning/reassembly. I reached out to SCM as they sell the brand now, and am awaiting a response.

Any insights would be great!

BTW, this is what it looks like when it is in great condition...

https://youtu.be/LVRmxbyhx9k

PK

SCM probably won’t reply until you set up an account. At least they never reply to me. I have a Balestrini Pico round end Tenoner and SCM has ignored every question that I ever sent them. I think you can change the wiring in the “peckerhead” to the low voltage setup yourself pretty easily. There should be a wiring diagram either on the motor or inside the peckerhead. It’s often very small but I bet it’s on there somewhere. I have never seen a duel voltage motor not have it. You can Google or YouTube “how to interpret a 3ph wiring diagram for low and how voltage”

FINGER LAKES AREA , CENTRAL NEW YORK STATE