Thread: Lee Valley purchasing Ron Hock Tools

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lee Valley purchasing Ron Hock Tools

This morning I received an email from Ron Hock that Lee Valley has purchased his company. While I respect and appreciate Rob Lee’s commitment to quality and customer service, I am nevertheless saddened by this development. Don’t get me wrong; Ron has been at it for more than 40 years and is more than entitled to wind down, dispense with the daily hassles of running a business, and enjoy other pursuits in a well-earned retirement. But another small (and for me, local) unique tool company being absorbed by a much larger distant operation makes me wonder about the future viability of niche tool companies producing high end products. How often does the owner answer the phone to discuss a product or issue or return your call when you leave a message? How many companies are still around where you are encouraged to drop in and have a leisurely chat with the owner? I’ll miss those things and I know I won’t be the only one.
    Last edited by Stephen Rosenthal; 01-17-2023 at 4:10 PM. Reason: Fix mysterious and prolific typos not of my doing