Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

16 Jan 2023

Greetings,
    Made a trip to Alabama to visit my mother and get some things done around her house. I'll just say that I worked the whole time there as well as made many trips to the local Home Depot for items needed to get things fixed while I was there. Now I'm tired from driving over 900 miles round-trip and am ready for a hot shower and some relax time. I start oncall duty for the day job on Tuesday and I'm not looking for to the coming oncall week. Good time visiting with family and friends and I also made the hand-delivered 2 cutting boards as gifts. One went to my mother's sister who's been wanting one of my cutting boards for a few years now. The other cutting board was giving to my life-long childhood best friend and his wife. We were best of friends and did a LOT together growing up. We parted ways when my dad was transferred to a new location for his job and then my friend and I reunited again when we found each other on Facebook. What a nice time we had with them while there. Now it's time to get off here, get a shower, and relax a while before getting some much needed sleep.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

'Hope you enjoyed your visit with your mom, Dennis!!!

Busy week in the new shop building...dust collection nearly completed, lumber storage rack completed other than a few little things, decisions made on the "bench wall" and just waiting on some things to arrive to move that forward, a few shop projects decided on and planned for, etc. It's nice to see the space coming together and it shouldn't be too long before I can start doing projects that are not focused on the shop, itself.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Been working on a mirror frame, but it's slow going in the unheated shop with a string of cold days followed by wet weather.

IMG_3835.jpeg

I got the little shelf to hold my wireless router installed. I cut in a box to terminate an in-wall cable path. I moved the old wire shelf unit out and the new bookcase in and setup my desktop computer in the bookcase. Then I pulled the handful of cables needed to connect the cable modem and router up on the shelf to the computer. And......the router refused to work. After some troubleshooting, it turns out the cheapie DC power extension cable I bought to connect the power block in the bookcase to the router was too light a gauge to handle the 3.5 amps for the router. There was too much voltage drop and the router wasn't able to stay up. I ordered a 16 ga cable and that did the trick so all is well now. Still have to neaten up some cabling but everything is up and running and I'm loving the new bookcase.

I finished the design for a new receipt holding box. I decided to make it out of maple to contrast/complement all the cherry furniture, and I don't have any, so will have to make a trip to my hardwood dealer. Before I do that I want to finish the design for the rolling laundry table so I can pick up any material I need for that at the same time.

Finally, I decided to jump on the pickleball craze and signed up for a few classes. Really enjoyed the first class.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Glad you had a good visit with your family, Dennis.

I had eletricians out to my house last week to install a 125A subpanel in my garage. They ran the cable from the existing electrical panel through the outside wall, up the wall in conduit and into the attic, then across the attic to the garage, then through the ceiling into conduit and to the new panel. The inspector was out yesterday and passed everything so I am ready to install circuits now.

They are coming back next month to install a Fujitsu minisplit in my garage. Then I will finally have a nice conditioned space to start really setting up and organizing into a shop.

Not a normal participant in the weekly accomplishments but actually got a couple things done last week. Restored and refinished a roadside trash day find a neighbor gave me. Also made and installed a new birdhouse on the dock of a friend.
    Attached Images Attached Images