Thread: What's a used 6" jointer (Jet) worth?

What's a used 6" jointer (Jet) worth?

I have a new jointer in route, and was going to sell my Jet 6". It's the one with the enclosed base cabinet on a mobile base. Great shape. They look to selling for about 1500 new, but I can't find anything used that I can use for a comparison. At least not near my location that's for sale. I really have no idea what the going price is, or what I should ask for that's reasonable. I've had a couple different guys ask how much I want for it. Suggestions?

Varies a lot by area, but around here, something like this:

https://reno.craigslist.org/tls/d/re...568411531.html

I recently sold a 6" Grizzly as part of a handful of other tools for around $350. In my neck of the woods (central TN) a jointer like that usually goes for $300 to $400, maybe $450 if it's particularly nice, but there just aren't many up for sale.

In Alaska I'd have no idea. I've heard you guys have a serious price markup for things, and if a new one is $1500 for you I'd start at $700 and see if anyone bites, then go down from there.

For me it's $300.

But it's all down to market conditions and YOU.

I'd STRONGLY advise going with an 8" jointer .

Thanks guys. Yes, AK does tend to have a bit of a price adder on most things, but that's largely due to shipping.

Dave - I have an 8" Laguna in route to the local dealer.

Florida asking prices tend to be pretty high for the last few years. here is one example for a 6” jet I found on FB Marketplace. In case you can’t see it, they are asking $1k in Ormond Beach for 6” jet in decent looking condition, assuming straight blades. Looks to have grime and dirt on the paint stuck to oil, probably from treating the cast iron beds.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3267917584905/

I got a JJ-6csx (I think) jointer at an auction in 2021 for somewhere in the $200s, but I can't recall the exact number. Partly it depends on how fast you want to sell it. If you have room you could start high and come down slowly.