Thread: Oneida V3000 Dust Bin

Oneida V3000 Dust Bin

I have a vintage 2010 Oneida v3000. It has worked well over the years with one issue. The gasket between the filter and the dust bin lasts a very short time before it starts leaking air. The bin is held on to the filter by 3 wire hangers. Not a very good solution. Has anyone also had this issue and solved it?

Thanks much,
    Sal
    Thanks,
    Sal

Yep, same problem here on my Super Dust Gorilla. The wire retainer design is/was not good. I have replaced/doubled up the sealing gasket material as well as using four small (4") quick clamps to retain the dust bin onto the filter. Not a great solution but it works. At one time, I inquired Oneida about simply buying an updated dust pan with real latches and was told no. Now they sell update kits with new filters and dust pans for around $500.

Thank you, Dwayne

I was afraid of that. two years back, I asked if I could purchase the gasket material for the bin and Oneida said they could not provide it.

I have resorted to duct tape; but will try some small clamps as you did.

Sal
    Thanks,
    Sal

Just go to your local hardware store and look through the weatherstripping section. It's adhesive backed closed cell foam, it's nothing special.

Thank you for the replies.

I think that the primary issue is the manner in which the dust bin connects to the filter which seems to be contributing to the premature gasket failures. For some good news, I was told by Oneida that I can purchase a new dustbin which comes with improved connectors. I placed the order and hopefully it will provide for less occurrences of air leaks.

Dwanye, Oneida asked if I have the 13" diameter filter which I do. if you also have that, perhaps you can now buy the new bin without buying the filter.

Sal
    Thanks,
    Sal

For anyone interested, I was able to purchase Oneida's latest design for the dust bin. It appears to do a much better job sealing against the gasket.

note that I was able to buy the bin without buying the filter.

a.jpg
    Last edited by Sal Cangialosi; 02-01-2023 at 2:12 PM. Reason: update
    Thanks,
    Sal

Blog Entries
    I think you'll be happy. The new style seals very well.

I installed the new style bin when I put my DC together last summer. It’s done a great job so far.