Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazon tale of Woe

Thumbs down Amazon tale of Woe

First It was my fault, broke my rule never order on Amazon from a Chinese vender, but in this case that was cleverly hidden. Order at what looks like a good price, click. Within minutes my CC was charged. In the mean time I found the exact same diode laser from another vender at $100 less! Went back on the same day 12/21 to cancel the Amazon, nope already shipped???

The next day I get a shipping notice its going by Amazon Prime from Kent, Washington state to me here in Iowa. Seven days later its in Aurora Colorado! What is going on, well they lost the package and it was not going to make it to me on time, did I want to Cancel? Yes!!

On December 31st its headed back to Amazon via Amazon Prime, the last scan was January 2nd headed home. Last scan 10 days ago. NO Refund because the Vender has not received!!! Chats with customer service, a waste of time. Finally I tried again this time since Amazon Prime lost the package I need to file a claim with them as the carrier for a lost package. That kind of worked... on the 15th I am supposed to call/chat back and Amazon will cover the loss, we will see.

The vender was Chinese and this is common tactic, delay, delay and refuse to pay refund. I just hope I get my $450 back from Amazon!!
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Get help from your Credit Card customer service folks...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

+1 on Jim's suggestion. I believe they simply categorize it as "non-delivery of product".

Also, despite the fact that you see reviews all over Amazon with commentary about the vendor, as of late, your review will be rejected if it includes any commentary about the vendor. Even when you are pointing out they are shipping the wrong product. They don't care. Don't diss our vendors is the new rule.

After multiple purchases going sideways, deplorable treatment of members via radical changes to prime music, prices increasing to cover the cost of the "free shipping" you pay for via membership, and now a highly protective position regarding poorly vetted vendors, my trust in them has eroded, and I'm seeking products elsewhere first.

Fortunately, I'm discovering that buying directly from woodworking specialty stores, I'm enjoying better service, yet similar and sometimes even better pricing.

Find someone more trustworthy, and support them.

There was a time I thought Amazon had best prices and the delivery was amazing. Presently, I feel you have to shop their prices and don't expect it on time. Others have shared similar thoughts with me.

The stories of offshore venders are out there also. I have had to wait long from them and avoid vendors with longer than the 2 day shipping.

We like Amazon. Any glitch is quickly fixed, and there haven’t been many. We occasionally check prices of other places ,but usually stay
    with Amazon. They bring everything to the front door, unless….we ask for delivery out back. And I don’t care how rich the owner is getting.
    He’s doing good work.

Hope you get it squared away Bill. In my opinion they have lost their shine these days. Two day shipping? Almost never these days. I ordered Monday and it came today. Not late either. 1 PM central time. Most everything seems to be 3 days or longer and that's not the fault of USPS. It is important to check other sources to make sure you are getting the best prices as well.

I have ordered stuff off of Amazon from Chinese Vendors, with a hit and miss record, and won't buy anything over about $20 from a Chinese Vendor. That said, unlike eBay, it is impossible to tell where the package is coming from.
    Regards,

Tom

I have yet to get this on Amazon. Ebay this happens often to me I just sell there now unless the vender is US major company

Amazon saves us a Lot of effort in shopping for something. I don't know how many times I needed something and just pulled my phone out of my pocket to order something, even while up in the air on scaffolding. I just checked our orders for the past 3 years, and the number of orders per year were 459, 625, and 456.

I remember two messed up orders. One was for four casters but only three came in the box. Another was a 240V heater for the tackroom that didn't work. With both orders, I just chose the replace option, and sent back the problem packages. I think there was some amount of time for the returned one to get there for credit, or I may have had to pay for both and been credited when the return got back. I don't really remember, but it was no worry.

I have zero issues with Amazon and they often outperform expectations for delivery. Probably a quarter of my orders arrive early. Part of that is likely the benefit of living near a large metropolitan area where there are multiple distribution centers, however. The few times I've had an issue with a 3rd party vendor, Amazon took care of it swiftly. But if I had the problem that the OP describes, as I already suggest to him, I'd have my credit card company involved lickety-split.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Amazon saves us a Lot of effort in shopping for something. I don't know how many times I needed something and just pulled my phone out of my pocket to order something, even while up in the air on scaffolding. I just checked our orders for the past 3 years, and the number of orders per year were 459, 625, and 456.

I remember two messed up orders. One was for four casters but only three came in the box. Another was a 240V heater for the tackroom that didn't work. With both orders, I just chose the replace option, and sent back the problem packages. I think there was some amount of time for the returned one to get there for credit, or I may have had to pay for both and been credited when the return got back. I don't really remember, but it was no worry.
    We had some items to exchange from Christmas. Two of them generated a QR code that you can either print out or have on your phone and the third generated a UPS label. So one I boxed back up with label and took all three to the UPS store. UPS does the packaging with the QR code. The return is credited instantly with those two and the other is credited when the return is received. That works very well except the UPS store is a 40 minute drive.

I generally use the return to the UPS store myself...fast, easy and the credit happens within a hour. Fortunately, the UPS store is five minutes away which is closer than Kohls or Amazon Fresh which are both free return options for me, too.
    --

We don't have a close store, but if we choose the return to store method (always do), it will print out a label, and our loyal UPS driver picks it up off our deck. We've always gotten credit, and shipping is free. I asked James about it the first time, he just hit it with his scanner and said it was no problem.
    Last edited by Tom M King; 01-13-2023 at 9:47 AM.

Recently ordered a gallon of floor finish THREE Times. First two were lost / damaged by Amazon in transit. Third came wrapped in a plastic bag, inside shipping box.Bag contained the finish that had leaked out ( a couple ounces) in transit. Took Amazon TWO MONTHS to credit other two both back to my CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Recently ordered a gallon of floor finish THREE Times. First two were lost / damaged by Amazon in transit. Third came wrapped in a plastic bag, inside shipping box.Bag contained the finish that had leaked out ( a couple ounces) in transit. Took Amazon TWO MONTHS to credit other two both back to my CC.
    Was it shipped and sold by Amazon or was it a third party seller "on" Amazon? I suspect the latter.
    --