Thread: Powermatic PM2000 Riving Knife Compatibility

Powermatic PM2000 Riving Knife Compatibility

Hi-

Does anyone know if any of the other comparable brands (jet, grizzly, delta) riving knife will fit a powermatic pm2000 table saw? Not the 2000B it is older.

thank you!

Cannot answer your question but am curious. What is wrong with a PM2000 riving knife?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hayward View Post
    Cannot answer your question but am curious. What is wrong with a PM2000 riving knife?

i grabbed the saw used locally and it did not come with the riving knife

Just did a quick search on PM2000 (non B) and didn't turn up anything so I suspect you're out of luck for a riving knife. You still could have a splitter if the saw does not have a riving knife mount on it. Look for a mount in the saw and see if it rises and lowers with the blade. If it does then maybe make your own, if not then look for a splitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Boyet View Post
    Hi-

Does anyone know if any of the other comparable brands (jet, grizzly, delta) riving knife will fit a powermatic pm2000 table saw? Not the 2000B it is older.

thank you!
    Can't tell you for sure, but might be worth a call/email to SharkGuard. I suspect they have one that would work. Even if you never want the dust collection, the knife would work (and you could always add the guard later if you wanted).

https://www.thesharkguard.com/produc...and-splitters/

Have you called Powermatic and asked them? Might be worth a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Varley View Post
    Can't tell you for sure, but might be worth a call/email to SharkGuard. I suspect they have one that would work. Even if you never want the dust collection, the knife would work (and you could always add the guard later if you wanted).

https://www.thesharkguard.com/produc...and-splitters/
    You can buy just the riving knife from SharkGuard as well.

I just looked at my PM2000 low profile riving knife and it looks to be the same as the current 2000b low profile knife which is in stock. The low profile knife is all I have ever used on my PM2000. Never installed the standard one with the blade guard.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have both the standard one and the low profile ones in both normal kerf size and thin kerf as well. And I rarely, if ever, use any of those four. I purchased the Shark Guard years ago and pretty much use it exclusively. I haven't been using any of my thin kerf blades which would be the only reason I would put one of these on the saw. I highly recommend the Shark Guard.

FWIW, the low profile knife I have differs a bit from the one Robert showed above. I'd guess there there is probably no difference between knives for the model 2000 and 2000B
    PM2000 Low Profile Splitter.jpgPM2000 Splitter.jpg

thanks for all the help guys,

i called PM. they not longer sell the low profile riving knife that fits, but they do have the riving knife with the guard assembly for $260.

I actually asked the seller again and they just so happen to find it... so i have the one with the guard assembly now. Would still like a low profile version but at least i have one as a template now. thanks all!!