Thread: Lonnie Bird

Lonnie Bird

I just learned that Lonnie Bird passed away
    I just thought I would pass along the sad news.
    https://www.woodshopnews.com/news/lo...hsmi=241121137

Very sorry to hear this. He was a very talented woodworker and instructor.

Knew nothing about him but his work was very nice.

Sad news. He was a very talented woodworker.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Thanks for the note. I am so sorry to hear of this.

I didn’t know him except over the phone (and through his writings). I’m sorry I never took him up on the offer to visit his place in TN.

Blog Entries
    63! Darn it! a young man. Sorry to hear. I am glad to find out about him and his work.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Indeed, a wonderfully inspiring craftsman. I have several of his books and of course, articles from various magazines over the years.
    Yes, 63 is quite young.
    He will be remembered.

RIP Lonnie.........

Just saw this and was frankly surprised. He was pretty young at only a year older than me.

I had the opportunity to take two different classes from him, one in 2004 and a second in 2006. He was a wonderful teacher. Never talked down to any students, gave very personal, one on one instruction. In fact just about a month ago I was thinking perhaps I would check into another class from him. Guess it will have to wait a few years now.

RIP Lonnie, you are missed.
    I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love.... It seems to me that Montana is a great splash of grandeur....the mountains are the kind I would create if mountains were ever put on my agenda. Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans. Montana has a spell on me. It is grandeur and warmth. Of all the states it is my favorite and my love.

John Steinbeck

very sad and surprised hearing this, RIP brother. I was just looking at his classes about two weeks ago.