Thread: A different workshop present than I was expecting

Blog Entries

A different workshop present than I was expecting

The wife and teenagers got me a present I didn't really know I needed for Christmas....

After long weeks of typing and writing for my day job, and woodworking and yard working, my hands are often very tired and sore. My wife tries to give me hand massages, but she has puppy paws and I have ham hocks, so it's not that effective.

They got me the Lifepro Legra Hand Massager (and I'm sure there are many other similar devices that I was never aware of until now).

Basically, you put your hand in (which makes you look a bit like Ironman with a laser-shooting hand) and adjust a few settings and air bags inflate in various sequences and amounts of pressure to sooth your hand muscles.

You can charge the device and then use it wirelessly - I found that evening TV time worked nicely. I could tolerate about 5 minutes per hand on the lowest intensity setting and found that my hands really did feel significant relief afterwards.

Anyways, if anyone here also has hand fatigue and soreness from any cause, you may want to check out something like this.

Thanks!
    Bob R.
    - Bob R.
    Collegeville PA (30 minutes west of Philly)

Thanks for the tip Bob. I have kind of given up on doing hand carving because my hands hurt a lot afterwards. Something like this might be the ticket.
    Regards,

Kris

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Thanks Bob, I’ve never heard of such a thing. I sometimes have arthritic pain in my right hand that this might help with. My wife bought me a neck massager that I was skeptical of, but it really does help. I haven’t had a stiff neck since I started using it for 2-3 30 minuet sessions a week.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I. Must. Check. That. Out.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

You may want to try over the counter Voltaren gel as well. Often works wonders for hand aches and arthritis.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Thanks Bob, I’ve never heard of such a thing. I sometimes have arthritic pain in my right hand that this might help with. My wife bought me a neck massager that I was skeptical of, but it really does help. I haven’t had a stiff neck since I started using it for 2-3 30 minuet sessions a week.
    Bruce, could you...umm.... share with us (name, source, etc) what miraculous contraption that it is you use?
    My neck and I would be forever in your debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Hann View Post
    Bruce, could you...umm.... share with us (name, source, etc) what miraculous contraption that it is you use?
    Patty, Amazon says it’s currently unavailable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are several others that looks very much the same. The Cahot model my wife purchased works through electrical muscle stimulation. It takes some getting used to so start at the lower settings. It took 2-3 sessions before I started to feel the relief.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Hann View Post
    He linked to it in the first post.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    Myk, that's a different Bruce, er, Bob.

Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    The first post by (by Bob Riefer) mentioned a hand massager.
    Bruce Page mentioned a neck massager/ electrical thingy, which is what I was inquiring about info.

Unless I am mistaken?.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Riefer View Post

Anyways, if anyone here also has hand fatigue and soreness from any cause, you may want to check out something like this.
    I don’t get fatigue, soreness, or pain but occasionally get hand/finger cramps after working with fine detail for an extended time (carving, detailed work at the lathe, etc). I have to stop and stretch and flex for a few minutes and it goes away. I may try the device you show and see if it helps.

I don’t have hot running water in my shop but many years ago I discovered that soaking my hands for a couple of minutes in a sink with hot water did wonders for finger flexibility and dexterity. I always did that just before performing on the piano. I wonder if that would help with your hand fatigue.

JKJ

This is similar to the one Bruce linked.

https://www.amazon.com/QQCherry-Inte...0-4513d670b6bc

Please post back how your hand massager works for you. My hands are a wreck and hand doctor not hopeful. Voltaren works great also.

I ordered one of these for my wife after looking at it. Thank you Bob. I told her about it and she is really excited to try it. It should be here this week.