Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 Watt Output Diode Laser

10 Watt Output Diode Laser

After ordering one on Amazon and then have them reduce the price and not change my order I cancelled and ordered direct from these people. Its been shipped from US via UPS (label created) but I do not have yet of course. The Z1 gets good reviews elsewhere. When you put in the cart the price is reduced to $315 USD with free shipping and no sales tax, YMMV. https://www.comgrow.com/
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Interesting link https://lasergrbl.com/

I got the machine and set up in spite of some of the instruction boo boos and it works fine. Now out to the shop tomorrow to get it running on Lightburn, Laser GRBL is fine and I am impressed with it and the fact the machine powered up and worked without issues... out of the box.

How do you program it. Do you use light burn first and then laser GRBL. Or the other way around? I just want to do some to: Xxxxx. from. Xxxx

any help would be appricated. Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Grauer View Post
    How do you program it. Do you use light burn first and then laser GRBL. Or the other way around? I just want to do some to: Xxxxx. from. Xxxx

any help would be appricated. Charles
    Either program, Laser GRBL is surprising, good and I tested with that on my heated porch and it did a decent job engraving. Went to the shop to and had to clean up some of the mess and get another machine working, but that failed. Going to try again tomorrow to get that machine going and then with Lightburn with the diode which I already have running my Galvo Fiber laser.

Thanks. I still need to assemble the laser. Will be a few days before I can do that and then I’ll try the software also.

I did get it running with Lightburn today, needs some fine tuning but it works. Spent way to much time on trying to get my Mach4 router running again and finally gave up for now.

Post some photos when you get it lined out Bill. I'd love to see how it performs.

Well for now I am going to just use Lightburn for my Galvo Fiber machine and Laser GRBL for the Diode. That machine works fine, and I am not sure of your expectations for a $350 machine its been pretty well discussed online and does a fine job. Right now I am involved in getting my new control set up on my router.

I bought a Sculpfun S10 just before Christmas. $449 on Amazon. Was better than the $9,000 I paid for a rebuilt Universal in the late 90s. I bought the Scupfun because of the small focus diameter of 0.08mm, the air assist, and the frame extension kit that is available as an accessory. Made these ornaments for our Grandkids. They were the reason I bought this machine. 3mm oak plywood, 3 passes to cut them out. Barely any smoke stain and back was very clean because I bought the accessory metal grid. I love Lightburn. Instant tracing and very intuitive. Amazing price of $60.
    IMG_2631.jpg

Very nice Richard and I need to get something done with my machine, my new router CNC controller will not be here until the 20th... maybe. Is your machine a true 10 watt out diode?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Very nice Richard and I need to get something done with my machine, my new router CNC controller will not be here until the 20th... maybe. Is your machine a true 10 watt out diode?
    It's supposed to be Bill. I have no way to measure it, but I had lots of experience with a 25w C02 laser and this diode laser works about where I thought it would, maybe better. I should have mentioned that I ran more passes to cut out those ornaments because of some conservative power and speed numbers. Still learning this cheap hobby machine.

Looks like it's doing what you want Richard. Hadn't heard of that brand before. Seems like decent results for the money invested.

Finally got the router working great with the new controller.

Got a chance to work with the diode laser today. It does do the lightweight laser plates that came as a sample, anodized aluminum. So slow compared to my co2 I sold. Then some wood, did a fine job but again slow. I will be ok for the wood projects I have but not impressed with the speed.

You really didn't think it would quick when you bought it, did you Bill?