Thread: quick and dirty router table dust collector

FINGER LAKES AREA , CENTRAL NEW YORK STATE

quick and dirty router table dust collector

Working on some oak table legs using a bearing pattern bit and no fence on the table.
    I was getting a bunch of router dust and shavings all over the place had to keep cleaning it up.
    Then a light went off in my head and it illuminated what you see below.
    Simply enough it is my beat up floor sweep I use with ny dust collector..
    I simply taped it to the router table stuck a 4 in hose on it and most (not all) of the router waste was captured.
    Best part of all if you don't have one you can get one for under 20.00 bucks .
    Typical example https://www.amazon.com/POWERTEC-701...t+collector+floor+sweep&qid=1671827368&sr=8-5
    mike IMG_20221223_144244.jpgcalabrese

Cheap and smart, good job!

Excellent!

Looks like the work might have been a little tall for the weep. You might do even better if you raise it a couple of inches on blocking. Airflow would be a little more widely distributed (well undistributed) and would be less likely thrown over the top.

Nice! I was very recently trying to figure out that very thing as I had a lot of fenceless routing to do.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher