Thread: Laserpecker

Laserpecker

Hello everyone,
    I just got a LP1 Pro and was wondering if you could point me towards any forums that would be helpful for a new user.
    The tool is simple enough to use, not rocket science, but just want to know the more common things, good and bad.
    Thanks in advance

That sounds dirty.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Read the documentation that came with it and look for You Tube videos, don't be afraid to do some trial and error and keep a log book or notes on what works or not. I see so many of the folks on the FaceBook Lightburn laser groups basically come on and are afraid to even turn it on!!
    Documentation that came with it, you're funny.
    I've done/doing trial and error to figure out what gives the best results for different woods I use.
    Figuring out the balance between power, depth and number of passes, and this changes with different species. I have started a small notebook.

It's a small, entry level, portable engraver, period. I bought it to engrave logo's on my work, which can take many forms.
    I'm not sure what you would expect for that price. I also bought mine on sale a month ago. And did not buy the top of the line within that model.
    Thanks for the pdf, but I was only joking about the documentation, there isn't much there that one can't easily figure out.

Sorry if my purchase isn't what you'd expect, so far it's working just fine for me

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    No problem did not mean to ruffle your feathers but you asked for help? It seems pretty simple so why the need for documentation? For that price $500 you can get 5 and 10 watt output units that will do far more than the Pecker. I am looking at a 10 watt output with rotary for $405, very portable 16x16 inch work area. Gee I ended up ordering direct and got the 10W machine less the rotary for $315, free shipping and no sales tax.

Yes, I asked for some help, if you read my posts, you could answer all your own questions
    I did not pay $500, that is the top of that model range.
    The documentation is in the form of a (next to useless) pamphlet that is quite common these days. Any in depth information is either within the app that runs it, or online.
    I know this, that's why I was joking.

Yes, I asked for a little direction, I did not ask to be mocked for my purchase and "I could have" type comments.

All I wanted to know was the common things to look out for from users that have experience with the same or similar tool. You have not provided any information or help towards that goal

Where is this monster laser for $315, you provide no link.