Thread: Home depot & lowes drop cork flooring

Home depot & lowes drop cork flooring

I see they both have stopped carrying cork flooring in the snap lock planks. Seems to be totally gone. I liked it for making clamping jaws etc. Any one sell small sample packs of something similar.
    I remember when old inner tubes were available for the asking.
    Bill D

My wife came home with a cork yoga mat. Not cheap.

I bought a 4 pack of 1/4" thick 12" square cork tiles from the hardware store years ago and still have two left. You can also get rubberized cork for cutting gaskets at auto parts stores, or could last I knew. I use that for fiddle chinrest clamp and foot protection.

Recently, I bought a roll of FelPro 3019 gasket material from Amazon to make a gasket for my tiller's gear case. After cutting needed gasket out, I will have most of gasket left over to use for clamp pads. Cost around ten bucks for a 10 X 26" roll, 1/8" thick.

Blog Entries
    That is a shame. I put plank style interlocking cork flooring in our bedroom about ten years ago, and just this morning was admiring it. You you need to be careful, it doesn't hold up like the stranded bamboo I have in most of the rest of my home, but with light bedroom traffic it has done very well and is very comfortable on bare feet.
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 12-12-2022 at 8:57 AM.
    NOW you tell me...

There are any number of reasons why this may have occurred, largely revolving around both supply and demand. If they cannot get adequate supply to be able to cover customer demand, there's no point in offering it. If they can get the product, but don't have many customers interested in it...same deal. Some things come and go relative to interior decorating. Maybe cork has fallen out of favor given just how popular vinyl plank has become, for example.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I blame the wine people, they should be using screw on tops. Would “save the planet” and encourage people to stop drinking the whole
    bottle at one meal.

Bill,

You might try a craft store like Michael's or Hobby Lobby for cork in relatively small quantities.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    I blame the wine people, they should be using screw on tops. Would “save the planet” and encourage people to stop drinking the whole
    bottle at one meal.
    Mel,
    Oddly, harvesting cork is good for the planet. Cork oak bark is harvested about once every ten years. Otherwise, the tree is left alone and it provides much needed habitat for some endangered species.

I bet good cork flooring lasts but the box stores had to use poor quality to meet quantity demands and their stuff did not last long.
    Bill D

Up here both are still selling both cork flooring and cork underlay for flooring.

Blog Entries
    My Wife is good at bringing home cork so we are working on a way to process it. Initial efforts work fairly well. I will add a micro slider for better accuracy.

IMG_1037.jpg
    Best Regards, Maurice

Blog Entries
    HD and Lowe's probably have a huge supply requirement for their vendors. Did you try a flooring specialty store?

I have been using this stuff. It holds up very well
    https://www.in-kleind.com/store/13-x...ber-p142772327