Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holder for Domino?

I have the Domino XL and the same Rockler hose you describe Tom, I believe. Therefore I have the same problem/concern. That domino dock looks like a good starting point for a sort of "Domino bench holster". Patent pending. Haha. My initial thought is something the domino slides into, supported by the domino base, so the cord and hose can stay attached.

Richard

I use the festool hose so don’t have the hose issue, but the Domino is an awkwardly shaped tool that is easily knocked off a table. I thought about putting a strong magnet(s) in a piece of wood I could clamp to my bench (or maybe even a custom bench dog) and then “dock” the domino to that. Haven’t tried it yet, but think it would work in theory.
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

Yikes, that's what I'm worried about. Glad it wasn't too bad. Yes, I'm thinking of some sort of cradle on a rolling cart that I could move around as needed.

Good idea. I don't have a Festool dust extractor but the concept could extend to a home made cart.

Yes, that could help.

Hmm, another good idea. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bain View Post
    I use the festool hose so don’t have the hose issue, but the Domino is an awkwardly shaped tool that is easily knocked off a table. I thought about putting a strong magnet(s) in a piece of wood I could clamp to my bench (or maybe even a custom bench dog) and then “dock” the domino to that. Haven’t tried it yet, but think it would work in theory.

Hmm, that would require some of those aluminum magnets, which are hard to find...