Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodmaster 2675 motor pully.

Woodmaster 2675 motor pully.

Any one know what size pully is correct for motor?

The manual only shows a part number, not a size. I'll measure mine tomorrow morning and let you know.

Thanks for your help, the pully on this one has what I think is a speed sleeve, or metal bushing ,my pully is 3.5 in diameter. The sleeve is 7/8 inner by 1inch outer. I am getting bad vibration from motor,having motor checked out also. I want to reinstall the correct pully size.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Elett View Post
    Thanks for your help, the pully on this one has what I think is a speed sleeve, or metal bushing ,my pully is 3.5 in diameter. The sleeve is 7/8 inner by 1inch outer. I am getting bad vibration from motor,having motor checked out also. I want to reinstall the correct pully size.
    Look at an item called trantorque and see if this is the 'speed sleeve' on your sheave Brian

https://www.fennerdrives.com/trantorque/
    Last edited by Brian Runau; 12-03-2022 at 8:22 AM.

My pulley is a machined casting and there is no sleeve with it. The 3 1/2" diameter pulley is mounted directly to the 1 1/8" shaft of the motor and there is a keyway secured with the typical set screw on the pulley. The pulley is machined for two "A" (4L) belts. My motor is a Leeson model C184K17FB103A, single phase 5 HP. I purchased my 2675 in November 2020. Woodmaster's P/N in my manual for this pulley is DD-30. Here's a pic that might help.
    pulley.jpg

Thanks, no not the same bushing, I'm going to replace it with a new pully, mine is a single, do you think switching both motor and drum to double pully would be better?

Thanks, no not the same bushing, I'm going to replace it with a new pully, mine is a single, do you think switching both motor and drum to double pully would be better?
    What hp is your unit? Single groove pulley design? Two groove pulley transmits more hp, but it does generate more hp, so if Single groove provides for existing hp, seems unnecessary to me. Brian

Tim, I'm not sure how old your machine is or if, at one time, Woodmaster only used a single belt drive. Do you know if the motor on your machine is original? And what horsepower is it? I'm assuming that you ran the motor with no pulley on it and it vibrates. If so, it could be that you have a bad bearing or two. If it were me, I would would spend a little time taking the motor apart and checking. You have nothing to lose if you're thinking about buying a new motor anyway. Keep in mind that a good quality motor like the Leeson in mine is over $800. If you happen to live near me I would be happy to look at it.

Could the bore or shaft be metric and thus a sleeve to match?
    Bill D

20221203_133443.jpg20221203_133443.jpgThis is what was on 5 hp lesson motor, I'm thinking woodmaster would not do this,still had vibration after removing.

20221203_133443.jpg20221203_133443.jpgThis is what was on 5 hp lesson motor, I'm thinking woodmaster would not do this,still had vibration after removing.
    That's weird. Think they used oversized or mm size pulley, due to availability, and bushed it down to Inch motor shaft?

Brian's assessment is likely correct for the use of this configuration. But seeing as you said the motor still vibrates with the pulley off then the problem is in the motor and you either have to take it apart or have a motor repair shop look at it. Or go the expensive way and buy a replacement motor.

Thanks a bunch for all the help, this is a blue colored model, and I was wondering if the pully size was even correct .I think at some time someone other than woodmaster put this on. I plan on getting a new pulley that fits the motor. I may try to find a set of double pullys and matching belts.

I agree with John. Check to make sure the fan is on properly and if you can measure run out of the motor shaft, this may provide info.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Runau View Post
    That's weird. Think they used oversized or mm size pulley, due to availability, and bushed it down to Inch motor shaft?
    I'd on bushing is 7/8 pully is 1inch I'd