Thread: RIP - Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac

RIP - Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac

Sad news.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Blog Entries
    Yes very sad. I remember well the day Rumours arrived in the mail via big brothers CRC record club subscription. It stayed on the record player all day, all week, all year... I hope we get an opus II from the skateboarding, cranberry juice drinking, potato worker.
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 12-01-2022 at 9:04 AM.
    Best Regards, Maurice

“I hope we get an opus II from the skateboarding, cranberry juice drinking, potato worker”.

Absolutely fantastic wish Maurice! Made me laugh out loud! And I couldn’t agree more. Hope he does something. If you find that he has given us another “opus”, please let us know here at SMC. Thanks
    Don't let it bring you down,
    It's only castles burning,
    Just find someone who's turning,
    And you will come around

Neil Young (with a little bit of emphasis added by me)

Board member, Gulf Coast Woodturners Association

That song features Stevie Nicks and her somewhat annoying nasal voice.

Christine McVie had the smoky sweet sounding melodious voice from the Chevy commercial singing "Everywhere".
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Truly a loss of a great singer, songwriter, musician! When I got the Rumors album, I wore the 33 out! Replaced it with a twin! Now I have it on CD.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Various Fleetwood Mac CD's are almost always on my shop stereo. The current favorite song is "Monday Morning", but that changes with my mood, the weather...

RIP Christine McVie

RIP.
    I saw Fleetwood Mac in concert back in the 80's. They put on a great show.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I have everything they ever put out on vinyl, worn out countless cassette tapes copied off the vinyl in that day, and have anything that's available on CD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npnGTnupBX0&t=55s

The song that was blaring on my stereo the night in 1977 that I found the girl, who I have now been married to for 42 years, on the side of the road after midnight one night in a broken down MGB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5eCEdu_gQE

Ever since I heard the news of her passing, I've had "Don't Stop" running through my head.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 12-01-2022 at 8:07 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Blog Entries
    No power tools in the shop today. I am catching up on hand sanding and going to the trouble to actually get out the CD's, look at the jackets and play the recordings. Turned the old Pioneer SX780 all the way to 3 1/2. Then Tusk came on and I reached for the big silver volume knob.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Blog Entries
    Well, here is a Fleetwood Mac story to tie it back into woodworking. Stevie Nicks had a house in Saint Thomas that was damaged in a hurricane. Her piano was also damaged. I leased out my spray booth to a friend who was restoring the piano and at the time was doing a documentary on it. I was asked to do an inlay of a rose on the piano, but I moved away before that was able to happen.

The even funnier part of the story is my business partner called me and said, “Hey, Andy wants to bring Stevie Nicks’ piano into the spray booth to work on it. How much you want to charge him?” I said, “Heck, no charge for him!” Mark said, “We need to charge him. How about $100?” I said, “Sure, that’s fair.” Well, I thought he was just wanting to use the spray booth to paint the thing. Turns out I had just agreed to lease my brand new spray booth for $100 a month!!! Well, I honored it short term and explained the misunderstanding. Andy was getting his own shop anyway, so he only needed it for a few months, and I didn’t have any spraying to do, so it all worked out.

Blog Entries
    I think Malcolm and Tom would enjoy buying each other a round. Great stories!
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 12-01-2022 at 7:15 PM. Reason: spelling
    Best Regards, Maurice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Mcmurry View Post
    I think Malcolm and Tom would enjoy buying each other a round. Great stories!
    Looks like he isn’t too far away from me. Could happen.

About exactly one hour. I quit drinking several years ago though, and am pretty tied up caring for my 106 year old Mother.