Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cutting up and re-gluing car tires

I can’t figure out how to download & post a picture, but do a search for Goodyear Cotton Bowl Mascot to see what is possible. Each year they make large mascot replicas for both teams from tires. I’ve seen the Norte Dame one in person, impressive!!
    earl

Blog Entries
    I have not been inside Granuband. The piles of tires and rubber are the closest thing we have to a view of the mountains. I think their shredders are a type of shear.
    The About Us link shows a little.

About Us
    Best Regards, Maurice

If you don't need the full thickness this guy shows how he removes the tread layer of a tire to make Huaraches (sandals). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG28lYR1DFY

Blog Entries
    Err, maybe stupid thought.. but couldn't you use your throw away blade on a miter saw or a metal cold cut saw (or an abrasive cut off saw)?

No matter what, I would wear a respirator.

Good idea, thanks!

In the past I had very good luck cutting 1/2” rubber conveyor belt using a hand held jigsaw with a knife blade in it rather than a toothed blade.

I first tried a fine tooth blade but it was no fun. Knife blade cut very easily. You could probably make your own by grinding the rear edge of an old blade to a knife edge for a test. It’s been a few years and I don’t remember where I bought the blade. I think Home Depot.

Or even grinding the teeth off a fine tooth blade…
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!

Bill is right. I forgot about the knife jigsaw blades. Bosch make them. I know Woodcraft has them not sure about Home Depot / Lowes. https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/bos...13aw3-34167-p/