Thread: LED Light Strips - Outside

LED Light Strips - Outside

For years I had the color changing with a remote LED lights on my front porch and they finally gave up the ghost. I ordered new off Amazon and they came with everything I needed, however I noted they only had LEDs every 2 or 3 inches vs the old at every 1 inch. I installed just thinking, well maybe that's the way it is.... wrong new lights are outputting much less bright than the old.

Anyone have a suggestion?

I need 32 ft and they are outside but covered over by the porch. Need to have the ones I can change color as I want.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

From the research I did when looking at these, there are two types of strip lights available. The standard strips typically have lights every 3" or so. There is also a high-density strip, which have lights about every 1 1/2 inches. I bought the high density strips for my undercabinet light project as I wanted a more even distribution of light.

I looked at several manufacturers, and most of them had both types of strips available.

They're probably not the cheapest, but superbrightleds has a good selection of rgb outdoor led strips. I've bought a lot of stuff from them (but no rgb outdoor lights) and have always been pleased.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

I agree with Paul. After many years of trials and tribulation with LED strips the only ones I buy now are from Superbrightleds.

Are you talking about LED strips, or string lights, since we’re in that season?
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Roehl View Post
    Are you talking about LED strips, or string lights, since we’re in that season?
    String lights and I checked out the Super Bright LED website and it seems they carry the good stuff. Its now turned winter here in Iowa, so I will get those done for next year. Thanks for the help folks!!
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10