Thread: Laser tube regeneration

Laser tube regeneration

Hi,

My Epilog Mini 18 (35w) is like 16 years old. It was powered off for last 3 or 4 years. Last week I powered it on and it started cutting after cca 5 sec. I did few test cuts on 4mm B/BB poplar plywood and it was still capable to cut it with 18 speed 85% power and 500f. I completely forgot what was it's normal power and cutting speed for 4mm ply. I am thinking about tube regeneration/replacement, but I do not know if 18s/85p/500f is somehow still acceptable or not.

Best
    Mare
    Epilog MINI 18 35w
    Shenhui SH-G350D 100w
    DIY CNC router 40x60

If it cuts through consistently, then that sounds pretty good. I'd have guessed 15-17 speed, 100 power, 500f for a 35W Epilog when cutting 4mm plywood. Typically, you can cut faster but won't necessarily cut all the way through everywhere, and even a few areas that require hand work to finish take enough extra time/effort that its generally worth slowing down the cut to ensure consistent, complete cut-through. (Unlike with DC glass tubes, there's usually no need to run less than 100% when power-limited cutting with an RF metal tube.)