Thread: New vs old Unisaw rail

New vs old Unisaw rail

Looking at buying a second unisaw and will be replacing the router table cabinet on this one with it. It has the older style round fence rails. Will my rail work with it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

too much glare but is it jet lock and not unifence.
    Bill D

Your Unifence rail will work. You may have to bore some new mounting holes

Should bolt right on.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Bill D
    I installed twenty-three 4' double bulb LED lights in my new shop before I found out I had cataracts. Then after having surgery I almost need to wear sunglasses!

Bill D
    Thank you. Getting old sucks and names often escape me. Mine is a unifence, the one I'm planning to look at has a jet lock on it.

As for the glare, I found out after I installed twenty-three 4' double LED bulbs in my new shop that I had cataracts. Now its almost too bright out there.

Should be no issue using the UniFence (best fence ever on a North American design saw, IMHO) across multiple saws like shown in the photo. If hole locations don't line up on the second saw, cast iron is easy to drill. The biggest challenge is getting both saw surfaces perfectly level and coplanar with each other. Having them on a single, custom mobile base would be very helpful toward that end.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

FYI: The rockwell 12/14 saw uses a jet lock fence but the pipe is slightly larger diameter so nothing interchanges with a unisaw size jetlock. The unifence was a bolt on direct repalcement for the larger jet lock. No shiming required. I think I had to drill one new hole in the rail to mount it. I used a fish tape to move the nuts into position.
    Bill D

FYI: The rockwell 12/14 saw uses a jet lock fence but the pipe is slightly larger diameter so nothing interchanges with a unisaw size jetlock. The unifence was a bolt on direct repalcement for the larger jet lock. No shiming required. I think I had to drill one new hole in the rail to mount it. I used a fish tape to move the nuts into position.
    Bill D
    Thanks, I appreciate your advice.

I want to add the JessUm clear cut TS stock guides and just bought the Uni T Fence for it from Peachtree. Its a shame that Delta didn't come up with this years ago.