Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Why can't I make picture frames?

I have already said this a few times, if you build a sled you don't have to worry about getting perfect 45 degrees as long as your sled has a perfect 90 opposing fences. Once you ise this method the simplicity and accuracy, won't have any problemt. I have a t-trackeuilt into the fences with two stops on the two sides to get perfect lengths too.

Quote Originally Posted by mreza Salav View Post
    I have already said this a few times, if you build a sled you don't have to worry about getting perfect 45 degrees as long as your sled has a perfect 90 opposing fences. Once you ise this method the simplicity and accuracy, won't have any problemt. I have a t-trackeuilt into the fences with two stops on the two sides to get perfect lengths too.
    They still have to be darn close to equal 45s, or you get mismatched apparent widths of the miters, and misaligned moldings in the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Demuth View Post
    They still have to be darn close to equal 45s, or you get mismatched apparent widths of the miters, and misaligned moldings in the frame.
    True but 44.8 and 45.2 is close enough for that purpose but 45.1 and 45.1 (times 4) is never going to give perfect mating.
    I have never had problems with this setup.