Thread: Converting a Woodmizer LT70 to Natural Gas ??

Converting a Woodmizer LT70 to Natural Gas ??

How difficult would that be to do ?

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence Martinn View Post
    How difficult would that be to do ?
    You need a fuel conversion kit for your engine, along with a heavy duty flex fuel hose. Hose would be constantly in the way. You can expect a 20% reduction in power shifting to natural gas. If filling fuel tank, assuming it's on the engine on top of the carriage, I would add a pulse fuel pump and place aux fuel tank down lower. Use quick connect (I buy mine from Bay Area Power Sports) you could start engine off on board tank, then shift to aux tank. This how I do my stationary generator.

Hey, so if you're thinking of converting your Woodmizer LT70 sawmill from using diesel or gasoline to natural gas, there are a few things you should know. First thing, it's not a simple process you know that and requires specialized knowledge and skills to get it right. You'll have to make sure that the conversion is done safely and effectively.

Basically, the process involves figuring out if your sawmill is suitable for natural gas, finding and installing a natural gas engine, modifying the fuel delivery system, and making sure that all the safety regulations are met. It can be quite complicated, so it's recommended that you get in touch with a professional who has experience with natural gas conversions. That way, you can ensure that the conversion is successful and safe.

Im not sure of your situation but would converting to electric be possible. I would think if your going through this trouble of conversion Electric would make it quieter/cleaner/less maintenance/safer/more reliable

Also if you leave it diesel can you use offroad diesel?