Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are battery powered brad and finish nailers now better than the pneumatic ones?

It sounds like Milwaukee has a good cordless nailer. As far as adopting a battery platform if I were to buy new set of cordless tools Milwaukee would be the first brand I would research. They make tools that can handle everyday use and have a very wide tool selection.

I try to keep the same brand because at times a sale on bare tools come up, plus I already have seven 4ah batteries.

Ok, I started out in the Cordless market eith the M12 T-50 stapler. Love it, I then picked up the M12 Pin Nailer, it did not disappoint. I then picked up a Rigid 18v Brad nailer. It was heavier then my Air nailers. It worked great then not so great. Took it in for repair under the LSA, Ridgid replaced it with the new model it works very well. Converting my other air Nailers to either Milwaukee or Ridgid would have been pricey. So I went with the Milwaukee M18 Air compressor, it works very well for finish Nailers and Brad nailers. I have not tried to use it with my Framing Nailer yet. It is very quiet though and was about the price of a M18 Finish Nailer.

Was going to give an update on my new 16ga finish nailer, but not sure if I have the right one. I got the Milwaukee 16ga angled finish nailer online. It did not come with nails. Stopped by my local store (Ganahl) and the guy said they do not carry the nails for that because everyone uses the 2741-20 16 ga straight finish nailer and angled only for the 15ga gun. Huh. Not sure if I should try to return it can get the straight gun or just order the nails for my new unused gun online. Interesting that they did not carry nails, but they did sell the angled 16ga gun!

Interesting. I've only ever seen 16 gage guns with straight nails ("brad" head format) with the heavier 15 gage getting the angled fasteners with regular nail heads. You may very well need to order the correct angled 16 gage fasteners online.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Looking more as Milwaukee is closed for the weekend. Now I am seeing this

https://www.protoolreviews.com/milwa...r-review-2841/

Seems like maybe the newer better version of the 16ga is the 2841 and the older one is the 2741. However, interesting that this would be angled and the older version would be straight. Maybe I never the newer model that takes different nails. Confusing.

I haven't seen anyone suggest butane guns.
    How do battery units compare to them?
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Rozmiarek View Post
    Hi Jim, this is a good opportunity to campaign for like buttons
    Uh . . . yeah. We've been waiting on that software upgrade for how many years?
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    I haven't seen anyone suggest butane guns.
    How do battery units compare to them?
    My experience with gas guns is a Paslode framer. You are supposed to be able to get 1200 rounds per cartridge and way more out of the battery. Never worked that way for me, always out of one or the other it seemed like. The fuel cartridge cost is added expense per shot, a battery gun doesn't have that ongoing cost. Paslode apparently really wants you to buy their nails, so they package a cartridge and and 1000 nails in packs, which is generally the only way you can find the cartridges if you run out and are needing something local, quickly. It's also far more expensive to buy expendables that way, and 1000 nails goes really quickly. The biggest deal breaker for that gun is the lack of bump fire, and the slower recharge time between shots. Oh, and you have to disassemble and clean it regularly. Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Uh . . . yeah. We've been waiting on that software upgrade for how many years?
    A perfect opportunity for a like button! LOL!