Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 14” Bandsaw - Which one

And, like clockwork, after watching used listings for 4 months and coming up empty, there has been a 10-325 Rikon listed for $500 and a 14BX 2.5hp just now listed for $1200 with resaw king blade and mobile base, both within 3 to 4 hours of me. Ugh. Always my luck…………………………………………..

I have the same thing happen to me. It’s not bad Luck it’s the dark evil that hides in the shadows always trying to make us question our decisions.
    I consider it a sign you did right.
    Good Luck
    Aj

I went with the Rikon a couple years ago and have no complaints. Once I got it all adjusted it runs like a Swiss watch. I’ve used it for a fair bit of resawing in addition to curvy cuts and it does well for both. The utility receptacle is handy for a work light.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Parrish View Post
    And, like clockwork, after watching used listings for 4 months and coming up empty, there has been a 10-325 Rikon listed for $500 and a 14BX 2.5hp just now listed for $1200 with resaw king blade and mobile base, both within 3 to 4 hours of me. Ugh. Always my luck…………………………………………..
    That is ALWAYS the way it goes.
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!

I had the Grizzly GO514X2 I believe. It was my first bandsaw and I figured go big and go once. It was a constant headache; I wasn't particularly adept at getting it setup, the extruded fence was out of square, and the motor died in my home shop (was replaced for free out of warranty, so good on you Grizzly, but still).

In my frustration I got rid of the Grizzly and got the Laguna 14/12 and a Laguna Resaw King blade. COULD NOT be happier with it. Everything worked great out of the box and took a lot of the difficulty (read: my incompetence) out of the equation. YMMV, but I have to say I cannot be happier with the 14/12.

The public workshop I go to sometimes has the 14 BX or whatever its called; that is also a fantastic saw.