Thread: Tannewitz Slider Adustment Advice Request

Tannewitz Slider Adustment Advice Request

Hello all,

In the past year I bought an old Tannewitz XJS table saw. It's a beautiful machine and I'm just loving working with this saw. It took a few days to clean it and tune it up, but now it's running very smoothly.

I've gotten the slider just about where I want it, but want to revisit the riding bearings to get it just right. Before I attempt to tinker with this again I thought it prudent to consult the sages (yourselves) for any advice you may have on this. For instance, is there a sequence the riding bearings should be adjusted to best bring everything into plane?

I should mention that the main table had a slight crown to it at the blade, probably created by either heat from repeated use with a feeder, or just some monkey cranking the motor up hard against the underside of the table to get the blade height they wanted with an undersized blade. I was able to dial in just right by putting a pump jack on it with 2x4's to the ceiling to press it into near perfect flatness. The slider is also just about flat. I've check all with my 3' straight edge.

My heartfelt thanks for any advice.

Happy Holidays!

Sincerely,

Greg

You might find more advice on forums dedicated to old woodworking machines, for instance https://owwm.org/

I’ll do that. Thank you!