Thread: Here’s a nice little hand tool kit for you

Blog Entries

Here’s a nice little hand tool kit for you

The Wall Street Journal has a list of suggested Christmas gifts. Included in this list is a hand toolkit with 24 pieces,screwdrivers, Allen wrenches,pliers,etc. all in a nice box.
    Put your order in now before they run out!
    Oh, I forgot to mention it’s only $2,850🤑
    Dennis

Man, must be NASA spaceship quality stuff at that price! (Or gold plated.)
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Mostly likely it's a status symbol via conspicuous consumption. I assume there are a number of subtle (and not so subtle) ways to signal that the buyer has paid nearly $3000?

Blog Entries
    The name on it is Wohngeist, is that pronounced like wonky-est?

There really doesn't seem to be anything about this set to have one pay more than $100 per tool:

Over Priced Tool Kit.jpg

There isn't any Robertson bits or a nail puller.

Well, it looks like someone did clock the screws on the hinges. Though the bottom hinge looks like it is suffering from extra pressure so it is likely stamped and not a cast brass hinge.

Maybe P.T. Barnum was right, there is a sucker born every minute. (though he may have never actually said that)

It looks like people may have gobbled this one up like it was Thanksgiving's turkey dinner:

Sold Out.png

Did it really sell out or was it a joke? How many did they have to sell? How can I find those people to help make me rich?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I thought this might be like a neiman-marcus sort of "exclusive" gift price. But I googled wohngeist and that set is sold several places, at the same or higher price.

I dont get it.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    I dont get it.
    Sadly, neither do the people who pay such an outlandish price for this tool kit.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

C'mon guys, the pocket knife is worth a grand all by itself!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

If they use the tools only one time think of all the money they will save on home repairs.
    Bill D