Thread: A couple of projects for the shop

A couple of projects for the shop

Finally finished up all the outside chores (just in time before our first light snow of the year). Before getting back to a real project (console bookcase) I thought I'd warm up with a couple of things that have been on the list for a while.

First up, some new push sticks to replace my well used and abused ones. Nothing fancy but they'll get the job done. The fancy handle on the jointer push pad is repurposed from a float handle I picked up from an estate.

IMG_1445.jpg

Next up were two projects in FWW by Bob Van Dyke. Basically a rip fence straddle with inserts for mounting sacrificial dado fences, a tall fence for raised panels or tenons, or an L-Fence. Bob's L-fence was designed to be clamped to the rip fence, but I modified it to mount to the fence straddle. I especially like the use of destaco clamps to quickly secure the straddle to the rip fence. Now I just need to make room to store them.

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

My favorite part of woodworking. making stuff for the shop

Blog Entries
    Nice job. Those should serve you well.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    It must be something in the air. I made a couple of push sticks over the weekend as well. Mine will go to a shop used for building free ramps for disabled access to be used on their table saw.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute