Thread: Amazon Follies - Again

Amazon Follies - Again

If you read my earlier this week thread ( Since When) about Amazon not being able to make a delivery because of adverse weather(misting rain, 43 degrees) this is the continuing saga. Basically Amazon lost my order, and showed delivery for the next day. Two days later get notice that I can cancel order and get refund. Clicked on block EIGHT TIMES, only to be redirected to same screen repeatedly. Finally went to order details and got order canceled. Message pops up saying order canceled due to customer refusing delivery. How can you refuse delivery on something that hasn't been delivered because Amazon lost it? Reorder item ( a gallon of water based floor finish.) Despite my checking block for FREE shipping, shipping charges were added to total. Today, checking tracking, it seem my varnish won't be delivered tomorrow either. Reason, item damaged in shipment. Remember this is a gallon of WB varnish. Bet somebody has a mess to clean up. At least it was water based instead of oil based. Do I risk a third time?

It can go either way. You can say, “Third time is the charm,” Or what most often happens to me. “Every time I begin to think I’m a pretty smart guy I do something like this.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Frederick View Post
    It can go either way. You can say, “Third time is the charm,” Or what most often happens to me. “Every time I begin to think I’m a pretty smart guy I do something like this.”
    Grandmaw Pyle said "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."

I've had very few issues with Amazon despite buying a lot of stuff from them. But earlier this summer I ordered a 4x100 foot roll of hardware cloth. Got the usual shipping notice and then a few days later a notice that item was damaged in shipping and returned to sender. Prompt credit. Silly me, I reordered it (the price was *way* cheaper than I could buy locally). Same exact sequence. I gave up and bought locally.

Granted, this was a relatively big and heavy item.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

I order a lot from Amazon, and typically have no issues with delivery. The few times I do, it is usually an item that was sold by a third party and shipped by them, rather than being either shipped and sold by Amazon or Fulfilled by Amazon. I try to avoid these sellers as much as I can, though it is not always possible.

My order was sold by and shipped by Amazon. Glad I wasn't present when the gallon of varnish was damaged.

Little town 40 miles north of me is going to start amazon drone delivery service. I do not think they can lift a can a varnish high enough to drop it. I bet locals will be using them for target practice.
    Bill D

Was it Amazon delivering it or was it handed off to the local post office?
    The post office will often post my package was delivered or was unable to deliver because the driveway was blocked what is a joke if you see my drive. The package will show up in a day or two. My guess they get penalized if not delivered on time so they mark it delivered????
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    Was it Amazon delivering it or was it handed off to the local post office?
    The post office will often post my package was delivered or was unable to deliver because the driveway was blocked what is a joke if you see my drive. The package will show up in a day or two. My guess they get penalized if not delivered on time so they mark it delivered????
    Amazon all the way. Yesterday, tried for a third time to order it. With either Prime, or paid shipping delivery date is Nov 30th. With free shipping delivery date is Dec 1st. Guess what I chose. Again, Amazon is offering me a free month of Prime.

I wish they would give the buyer the option to choose the carrier. I can see if it's going to be delivered by Amazon but if they are using another then let us choose who we prefer.

Lowest bidder, translated: CHEAPEST!

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Meyer View Post
    I order a lot from Amazon, and typically have no issues with delivery. The few times I do, it is usually an item that was sold by a third party and shipped by them, rather than being either shipped and sold by Amazon or Fulfilled by Amazon. I try to avoid these sellers as much as I can, though it is not always possible.
    Ditto. I order K Cups from amazon and get them in a day or two. I ordered some of the Toggler anchors the other day and it'll be dec.5 before they get here. the alternatives 40 mile round trip to HD at 5 bucks a gallon.

Placed my order a third time on Wednesday (Nov 23rd). Carrier picked it up on Friday, Nov 25th. This time, shipping shows it (a gallon of WB varnish) coming from Riverside CA, with UPS being the carrier. Hopefully it will make it here, undamaged by Thursday, Dec 1st. Not holding my breath. Bad thing is original order, showed second day with Prime ($14.99 additional charge,) which I declined.