Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coat tree

Looks great

Mark,

One more "nicely done" on the coat tree. The double bead on the corners dresses it up a lot.

Apparently Dave and I had the same thought. I thought that if you made it that nice that it might become her coat tree and you would inherent the other. Oh well, either way keeping the new one or inheriting the old one you still have one of the two, so you are ahead of what you were with either case.

Regards,

Stew

Quote Originally Posted by Stew Denton View Post
    Mark,

One more "nicely done" on the coat tree. The double bead on the corners dresses it up a lot.

Apparently Dave and I had the same thought. I thought that if you made it that nice that it might become her coat tree and you would inherent the other. Oh well, either way keeping the new one or inheriting the old one you still have one of the two, so you are ahead of what you were with either case.

Regards,

Stew
    Thanks Stew!

My dad made one in high school shop class about 1928. A few years ago I refinished it for my wife.

Hat Tree.jpg

Then I made a lamp to match.

Lamp Finished.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tom Bender; 12-08-2022 at 8:29 PM.

Your father did a a great job on the coat tree Tom...I like what he did for the base with the ends touching the floor but not the center...as Christopher Charles alluded to earlier in the thread, mine rocks a bit on a slightly unlevel floor...I put some pads on the end which took care of the problem. Your refinish job looks very nice and I like your matching lamp. I think there were less closets 100 years ago, and more need for coat trees back then, especially when you entered the front door. We are enjoying ours in our bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Wilkins View Post
    Looks great
    Thanks Tony!

It’s nice ! I would just suggest adding a small wooden lineman , radio hanging from safety belt blaring the Glen Campbell song. And ….
    whenever she is listening to it , I would out sing him !

A nice addition Mel! I understand the chia pet made millions.