Thread: Urn supplies source

Urn supplies source

I've seen reference to a source for cremation urn supplies
    on this forum. Just now I can't recall the name, but it has the word "antler" in it. A quick search of this site didn't reveal it. Can anyone refresh my memory?

https://www.fromwalnuttoantlers.com/

His facebook page says he's fighting cancer and may be some time before he can rebuild stock.
    .... Dave

Old carvers never die.... they just whittle away.

Pretty positive that he has passed away

if you are looking for brass inserts you can get them from Dan at stainlesssteelbottlestoppers.com. Also Carl Jacobson now carries bronze inserts at nilesbottlestoppers.com

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLES D Richards View Post
    if you are looking for brass inserts you can get them from Dan at stainlesssteelbottlestoppers.com. Also Carl Jacobson now carries bronze inserts at nilesbottlestoppers.com
    FYI, I tried stainlesssteelbottlestoppers.com and the domain was inactive. Did fine them at the second source though.

Best,

Dave

I found the other website through google. The website is:
    www.stainlessbottlestoppers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mount View Post
    FYI, I tried stainlesssteelbottlestoppers.com and the domain was inactive. Did fine them at the second source though.

Best,

Dave

I have used OATEY bronze shower drain parts for urns. Your local big box store should have them.

Colby, Washington. Just across the Puget Sound from Seattle, near Blake Island.
    Lee Valley has some wonderful and delicate "gold-plated box rings" that really work well. I use them all the time. They're listed as Part No 88K7410 and sell for less than $10.

Russell Neyman

Writer - Woodworker - Historian
    Instructor: The Woodturning Experience
    Puget Sound, Washington State

"Outside of a dog, there's nothing better than a good book; inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Neyman View Post
    Lee Valley has some wonderful and delicate "gold-plated box rings" that really work well. I use them all the time. They're listed as Part No 88K7410 and sell for less than $10.
    I saw those but might be a bit small for a cremation urn. I try to make the ones I sell 2 1/2" to 3" inside diameter because that seems to be the minimum size funeral homes prefer. But like anything else check with the funeral home to be sure.