Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: -- do you shake your milk?

Please see this James Bond link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AS-...annel=Olympics

Apparently a leader from one middle eastern country thought it was real and the Queen had parachuted into the stadium
    Last edited by Brian Deakin; 11-23-2022 at 5:55 AM.

For years I always shook the plastic milk jug. I'm not sure why. I guess to make sure the residual cream gets mixed in. We get our milk from a local dairy farm now and it comes in glass bottles that are tougher to hold on to so I do so less vigorously if at all.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Blog Entries
    I have been shaking some since this thread and am enjoying the frothiness. Here are web images of how Grand Pa's operation was compared to Mom & Dad's
    And the Matriarch, Marie. The whole heard was Jerseys.

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 4.19.25 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 4.23.33 PM.jpg Photo on 11-21-22 at 6.15 PM.jpg
    Best Regards, Maurice

I have read this thread with great interest. But I do not shake my milk as more effective to shake the cow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Frank View Post
    I have read this thread with great interest. But I do not shake my milk as more effective to shake the cow.
    The Calves certainly have that down. The head-butts to the the udder can be quite violent.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Mcmurry View Post
    The Calves certainly have that down. The head-butts to the the udder can be quite violent.
    Well written ,Maurice. You avoided the awkward, “head-butts to udder can be utterly violent “.

My father's side of the family is from Guernsey and their cows seldom get mentioned. They too have sweaters, just like team Jersy's fisherman. Different patterns of course.
    One thing that bugs me is people wetting their tooth brushes before applying tooth paste. Tooth paste started to replace tooth powder around 1880.
    Bill D

Blog Entries
    Guernsey and Jersey are on my short list of places to visit. I recently learned about the regional knitting patterns for Fishermans sweaters. It is just too darn sad... The locals know where to return the washed up bodies by the style of the knitting.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Never heard of cow shaking. Cow tipping, now, is another story.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Deakin View Post
    Fleming took the name for his character from that of the American ornithologist James Bond, a Caribbean bird expert and author of the definitive field guide Birds of the West Indies; Fleming, a keen birdwatcher himself, had a copy of Bond's guide and he later explained to the ornithologist's wife that "It struck me ...

Inspirations for James Bond - Wikipedia

I found that out when on an Emirates flight and they had a documentary on James Bond. Took a picture of the cover of the book from that screen. It's a trivia question that no one could ever answer (except all on SMC now).
    James Bond Book 1.jpgJames Bond Book 2.jpg
    Last edited by Alan Lightstone; 11-26-2022 at 8:56 AM.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Never heard of cow shaking. Cow tipping, now, is another story.
    If I could get a milk shake from a cow i'd tip 20%
    Hobbyist woodworker
    Maryland

Blog Entries
    The neighbors had barn cats that wound line up and wait to get squirted in the face and mouth with a stream of milk straight from the teat.
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 11-26-2022 at 9:38 AM.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Mcmurry View Post
    The neighbors had barn cats that wound line up and wait to get squirted in the face and mouth with a stream of milk straight from the teat.
    yes, they find it udderly delicious and milk it for all it’s worth. But some warn it can fly “ past ‘yer eyes”.
    Last edited by Mel Fulks; 11-26-2022 at 1:24 PM.

Family had an old jersey cow, abigail I believe. After having her milk for years which you always shook it is just a habit now.