Thread: Interesting drillpress table lift

Interesting drillpress table lift

Saw this in a farm sale ad on C-list. Place is overrun with junk.
    Bill D.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have an old Delta 15" DP that came out of HS wood shop that I restored. Great little DP! Didn't have a way to move table up and down, other than lift it. Ended up using a trailer tongue raiser mounted upside down and Ubolted to the main support post. Had to fab a bracket to fit the table, but other than that works great. Bought at HF for $19 on sale some years ago. supposedly a 1k lifting capacity. Not my original idea, saw on some woodworking site some years back. Randy
    Randy Cox
    Lt Colonel, USAF (ret.)

The table raiser is nice but the XY table is a must have for me. That's why I use a Mill/Drill instead of a drill press.

Blog Entries
    I watch this video from time to time because the Gentleman has a drill press just like mine and he reminds me of my Grandpa. His hands in particular.

Best Regards, Maurice

That little XY table that he is using in the video is the same one I used om my last drill press. I retired the little XY table to my storage shed when I bought my mill/drill with a power feed. The XY tables are a good solution for machining keyholes in wood and plastic materials, using a high RPM you can machine keyholes in one pass.

Here's the lift I put on one of my 1150's. I forget what brand machine it came off of. It's easier to use it for fine adjustment of depth than the otherwise good depth stop on the Powermatic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Here it is for those of us who have had a beer. That is a nice feature!

Screen Shot 2022-11-12 at 5.57.24 PM 2.jpg
    Best Regards, Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Randall J Cox View Post
    I have an old Delta 15" DP that came out of HS wood shop that I restored. Great little DP! Didn't have a way to move table up and down, other than lift it. Ended up using a trailer tongue raiser mounted upside down and Ubolted to the main support post. Had to fab a bracket to fit the table, but other than that works great. Bought at HF for $19 on sale some years ago. supposedly a 1k lifting capacity. Not my original idea, saw on some woodworking site some years back. Randy
    Mind posting a picture? I'm looking for ideas for my Delta Milwaukie Homecraft Rockwell bench top drill press. I've added some counterweights but it's still awkward to raise.