Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No More Retail Sales

No More Retail Sales

I went to order from Chewabarka this morning for some needed stainless steel tags and now you Must have an account and a Sales Tax exception certificate from your State!! Why? We have no way to collect Sales Tax???
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Bill,

What shape of stainless tags you need?
    I may have an alternate source.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lenkic View Post
    Bill,

What shape of stainless tags you need?
    I may have an alternate source.
    If you have the Source please post otherwise I will get from Amazon or Etsy. I can not Believe these people would turn away Retail sales.

Try this distributor for C.H. Hanson (original manufacturer)
    www.tooldiscounter.com
    Xenetech 1625 x2,

Try this distributor for C.H. Hanson (original manufacturer)
    www.tooldiscounter.com
    That is a Tool supplier I need SS tags.

Shop by manufacturer will bring the results you need. Enter in search C.H, Hanson

Try this:
    https://www.tooldiscounter.com/searc...age=10&fp=1641
    Xenetech 1625 x2,

Shop by manufacturer will bring the results you need. Enter in search C.H, Hanson

Try this:
    https://www.tooldiscounter.com/searc...age=10&fp=1641
    Yes they have tags, but how would a person know as they are not listed under products??

Lots of companies don't do retail, for a wide variety of reasons. The law on interstate sales tax collection has changed and bookkeeping for tracking and paying the hundreds of taxing jurisdictions is more complicated than it used to be. For many companies with small retail sales volumes it's just not worth it. I've seen some companies move to selling only through Ebay because they manage the sales tax problem for you.

Perhaps it's an opportunity for someone to take on their retail franchise.

Roger I spend thousands of dollars online shopping every year. I can buy off Amazon or eBay anytime I want at lower prices than Chewabarka, I was giving them the business because they are USA based. If they are not smart enough to get setup to collect sales tax its their loss. They are the first and only business I have ran into that does this?? Can you name the ones your talking about?

what kind of "tags"? I have 2 local shops make stainless tags and plates to order, one place is a basic sheet metal shop that laser cuts rectangle tags, with or without holes, I usually use them for high quantity orders, the other place specializes in stainless steel fabrication, they do odd jobs for me, like just last week customer ordered a half dozen 14 gauge (which is fairly thick!) 316 #4 finish SS plates with holes in the corners, they just make up whatever I need to order, prices are more than fair for low quantity stuff, and MY customers are happy I can even meet their needs in the first place. Shops that do water-jet cutting might be an option too...

For basic round 'dog tags' and such, I usually just go thru McMaster Carr- not the cheapest but they sell good stuff and they're reliable...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Not smart enough

So I don't know how big the company is you are talking about is but to say that they might not be smart enough. Might not be the issue. As a small business owner myself. I sell to all the states in the US. But it's just me. And taxes sales. Are different in each state and for me to track the taxes of every little city and state as they change. Is almost impossible I would need to hire a full-time accountant just to handle every single little sales. So I like many others sell on Etsy and or ebay because they take the taxes out and do that work for me. So I guess I'm not smart enough because I can't do that in house. Just saying you can't see a company isn't smart enough. And perhaps the retail sales they get are so small it's not worth hiring a full-time accountant and it would be a money loser to do so. So taking no sales tax would be the way to go. And if you are selling enough you should probably get a sales tax exemption anyway as it saves you money. Anyway just a few thoughts don't be too harsh on them without knowing the full details. If you're going to blame anyone blame the government.

Clark... they said to me, "we don't know how to collect sales tax for every state" and your only required to collect the State tax. Its kept track of by your computer sales system. First time ever I have had a place not know how to sell online? You folks need to go look at their website and just see what they are selling. I have been buying from them since 2013. https://chewbarka.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    I went to order from Chewabarka this morning for some needed stainless steel tags and now you Must have an account and a Sales Tax exception certificate from your State!! Why? We have no way to collect Sales Tax???

monroeid.com

Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

try .monroeid.com

Any business that sells goods or taxable services within the state of Iowa to customers located in Iowa is required to collect sales tax from that buyer. This will include all online businesses. Any seller which conducts business and has a major presence within the state must collect sales tax in Iowa must pay taxes to the state. Therefore, these sellers required to file for a Sales tax certificate. By not doing so the business may face sanctions or other types of penalties.

Last edited by Mark Sipes; 11-10-2022 at 2:14 PM.
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sipes View Post
    try .monroeid.com

Any business that sells goods or taxable services within the state of Iowa to customers located in Iowa is required to collect sales tax from that buyer. This will include all online businesses. Any seller which conducts business and has a major presence within the state must collect sales tax in Iowa must pay taxes to the state. Therefore, these sellers required to file for a Sales tax certificate. By not doing so the business may face sanctions or other types of penalties.

Thanks for the Link and they are very close by in Wisconsin they appear to sell engraved tags, but I have emailed for clarification.

BTW this post was not about paying Sales Tax, if you read carefully they want to only sell to sales tax exempt buyers??? I have purchased recently from vendors who did not charge sales tax and I am wondering out loud who is going to enforce that law??

Added, Just got a reply back from the folks in Wisconsin, and they have no issues selling online and blank tags.
    Last edited by Bill George; 11-10-2022 at 5:21 PM.