Thread: Anyone see the lunar eclipse?

Anyone see the lunar eclipse?

The eclipse here was low in the west. The view in that direction from my house on the top of a ridge is mostly trees and distant hills but by walking around as the moon moved I was able to see it through the trees before atmospheric haze near the horizon took over.

One benefit of watching through tree branches was getting an appreciation of how fast the moon moves in the sky. The movement is imperceptible when overhead but so obvious with a tree branch or two in front!

Didn't see it directly, but the local morning news folks, particularly the woman who is the meteorologist got some great photos as she leaves for the station at like 2am and was able to capture some very good and clear images.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Didn’t see it. Guess mine was eclipsed by TV stuff .

We had a beautiful, crystal clear night here in NE Ohio. I got up at 5:30, which was a little later than I should have, but still was able to a nice view of it. Fairly low in the west by then, and like John, I had to peer around the trees a bit, but still enjoyed the sight. Also appreciated how quiet it can be here. We are a mile or two from the turnpike, but at that time and day, the normal low drone of truck traffic was mostly absent. It's funny how you don't really notice the background noise level until it's gone.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Blog Entries
    Too cloudy here so we slept though it.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Absolutely gorgeous in southern NH…sort of full on about 0520 in the western sky. No clouds. Worth getting up to see. Seemed to get “redder” the farther west it went before dropping into the trees

I did. It was total about 3:10 here in western Colorado. It was a beautiful clear night and not too cold.

I tried to take a picture with my phone, but of course that never works.

I got a good look at it when I was driving to work. It was in the Western sky about 30° off the horizon and a fully eclipsed in a dark bloody red. When I got to work it was only about 2/3 eclipsed.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.