Thread: Thank you veterans

FINGER LAKES AREA , CENTRAL NEW YORK STATE

Thank you veterans

What a great country we have here in America. Freedom, opportunity and a thousand other benefits we enjoy every day.
    Lets us not forget who made this all possible, our Veterans, the Sons and Daughters of America who stand for us all and protected all that we have.
    So many have given so much and the many who gave all .
    I am not a veteran but I try like us all to be proud and in endless honor of our Veterans who made it all possible.

To all Veterans , every Veteran I meet I say one thing from my heart......I get to be here free in America because of you, our Veterans were there when America called. THANK YOU....We, I, will ever be grateful and NEVER FORGET..
    mike calabrese

Two thumbs up. Not enough young people understand how important winning WWII was and the importance of a strong defense.

Thank you to all who have served this great country in any capacity. National, State and Local.

Our flags will be out this weekend.
    Last edited by Dave Zellers; 11-08-2022 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    Two thumbs up. Not enough young people understand how important winning WWII was and the importance of a strong defense.

Thank you to all who have served this great country in any capacity. National, State and Local.

Our flags will be out this weekend.

I have always thought every able bodied American should do some sort of national service. Military, maintaining forests, community work, Peace Corps, nursing homes/hospitals, something to help improve our country.

Quote Originally Posted by David Dalzell View Post
    I have always thought every able bodied American should do some sort of national service. Military, maintaining forests, community work, Peace Corps, nursing homes/hospitals, something to help improve our country.

Agreed. I've always thought this would be a great antidote to our rising partisanship as well. Having the opportunity to work and live with people different from yourself breeds empathy - which is in short supply these days.

I like to celebrate Veterans Day by reading a Medal of Honor citation.

Here's a great one:

https://www.history.navy.mil/content...win-evans.html

Here is a more descriptive narrative about CDR Evans and the USS Johnston during the Battle off Samar.

https://www.history.navy.mil/content...--dd-557-.html

Quote Originally Posted by David Dalzell View Post
    So true….Dalzell for President

Applebee's is once again offering a free meal for vets and active service members on Veterans day.
    Bill D

Thanks for posting this. As a vet, from a family of vets, this means a lot to all of us.

Thanks to all who served.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Veterans Day 22 poster_highres.jpg

This is the 2022 Veterans Day Poster.

To all who served and a shout-out to my old Navy buddies, thanks for your service and the sacrifice you made. Only 7% of Americans are veterans, they are all very special people. To our Vietnam Combat Veterans I started the Freedom Pens Project mostly in your honor to make sure what happened to you never happens again.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 11-11-2022 at 1:10 PM.