Thread: moisture meters

moisture meters

Mine has decided it has had enough an no longer does its thing. I don’t want to spend a fortune, but what is a decent meter?

Blog Entries
    I have an older mini ligno with leds that light up to show the moisture level. It works well for my needs.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Same as Lee for me. I bought one at an estate sale a few years back and it works well for my needs. Mine has the pins you drive or push into the wood, which I prefer to the surface meters, but that's perhaps personal preference.

I have a Delmorst with over 30 years on it. Pro unit been great. Last year something acted up and smelled a burned part. My view the battery compartment is so tight it puts pressure on other stuff and makes me wonder if it caused an issue. Thinking I will try and find an electronic wizard who can tell me if it can be repaired rather than buy new.

P2530389B.jpg
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 11-06-2022 at 12:27 PM.

Bought a lightly used Lignomat SD pinless on ebay for about $120 and don't regret it at all. Pinless is the way to go specially for slabs.
    JonathanJungDesign.com

I have a Delmhorst J3 pin-type, a General pin-type and a Wagner MMC-220 pinless... The General bought at Lowes for $15 (on clearance) and it compares very close to both the others...

Lowes now sells a pinless General for $50 and several others in that price range.. expect any of them would work for home / hobby use and be close....

I prefer the Wagner pinless for general use and the Delmhorst for when I sell lumber (rarely any more)...

The General looks just like the two Calculated Industries models, so probably same unit, different name.

https://www.lowes.com/search?searchT...isture%20meter