Thread: Dust Deputy assembly-double sided tape challenges

Dust Deputy assembly-double sided tape challenges

I ordered a dust deputy deluxe 2.5 to go between my olde Fein Turbo II and my Shapeoko pro xl CNC. I finally got a chance to start assembling it, which has gone fine except for one annoying thing (definitely not Oneida's fault).
    I can't get the backing off the second side of the double stick squares. The backing is so strongly stuck, I end up peeling the first side off the wheel mounts. Anyone have the magic incantation to get the backing off?

John

Every time I watch an episode of Woodsmith Shop, I wonder who got stuck with the job of pre-peeling their backing!!

just a shot in the dark, but I often have to get a corner started with a utility knife blade. Maybe trying a little hair dryer heat first?
    Good luck!!
    earl

I went and swapped in some double sided carpet tape I had around. I went ahead and reinforced with a bolt, so the double stick tape wasn't super critical (but just amazingly frustrating). It seems like they forget to put the release coating on the backing or something. The mechanical design (which is neat) is set up so the double stick square holds the wheel in position, but is in compression when in actual use.

Now I just need to figure out some short piping to give me enough reach on the supplied hose for easy travel across my cnc.

John