Thread: Sideboard

Sideboard

When we moved into our new house 2 years ago my wife wanted me to design and build a sideboard to go in our dining area.

Tonight I finally finished. It took several months as we have 2 small kids in school. Plus as I was painting the piece my wife decided that I needed to paint the dining area a rich blue to contrast with the white of the sideboard. Then we had to get all new picture frames and decorations....

20221104_183415.jpg 20221104_183511.jpg

The carcass is something called Turboply and is pretty straight forward. All of the legs are cherry. I wanted to feel like they are imbedded into the sideboard so I designed all of the legs to slot into the carcass. All of the hardwood joinery work was done with hand tools.

20221104_183447.jpg 20221104_183438.jpg

Here is my original sketchup design that met the boss's approval

Final.JPG

It’s attractive and I see no flaw. A nice modern look. All it would take to look more like a traditional hunt-board is a traditional top with a little
    overhang ,and cloth fronts instead of paired doors . Pics of hunt-boards often , but not always , show cloth fronts. They could be swaged.

Thank you very much for the kind words. I had to look up huntboards. I may have to make a companion to the sideboard