Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for cnc machine suggestions in the 50k range

Quote Originally Posted by David Buchhauser View Post
    I agree - perhaps this should be posted in the classified section of the forum.
    David
    Ditto that sounds like a Shill post to me. He can't post in classified as he is not a Contributor.
    Last edited by Bill George; 12-08-2022 at 8:33 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

2. No, its a real post. I am happy to talk with anyone about the process, my new router is scheduled to get on a boat on jan 11th and about 30-45 days should be in NJ. My shop is on New Paltz, NY, so if there are any local people that want to come see it after I have it set up, just shoot me a DM. I had a hard time finding out info about purchasing a CNC direct from China, but decided to take the plunge and risk. I want to share the process and any info that I glean with others. The cost "should" be much less for what you get, and you can order anything you want from super cheap, to fully featured 5 axis machines. You get what you pay for. I say "should" because I don't have it in hand yet, but I will find time to post updates when I have it running. I have an inspection report with pictures, but it is currently long and in PDF format, so i will happily email it to anyone that wants to see my machine in the factory in China.

3. See my update below. And DM me for my phone number, contact info, and the pictures and info about my machine I ordered if you like. Pass judgement after you have the complete info, not just a hunch.

4. Bill, how about you maybe ask me for some more info before calling me a Shill? Try to be nicer perhaps.
    I also just placed an order for $1000 of carbide end mills from a Chinese company. Do you want to call that crap as well? It is another gamble, but one that will pay off 10x if it works out well. Prices direct from a manufacturer through Alibaba are super cheap, and I was able to buy bits in quantities as low as a single piece per type/size. The biggest savings are in the larger sizes, for instance 12mmx50mm (1/2") downcut spiral carbide bits are only $22. 3mm (1/8") carbide up or downcut bits are less than $1/piece. 10mm compression spiral for $12 each. And I am having the bits custom DLC coated for $0.50-$1 per bit.

This is not an advertisement, just some knowledge for others. You don't have to spend $150/bit at Vortex or Onsrud, especially if you aren't that experienced at operating your CNC and are likely to break a few bits. I know these may not be quite as good as Vortex, but we all use plenty of Chinese made bits, blades, and other cutters and the vast majority of them are great. With a few outliers. Anyone buying off Amazon is just buying from a re-seller of one of these manufacturers. Hell, I could re-sell the bits from my order on Ebay or Amazon and nobody would know the difference.

So this is the same as my post about buying a CNC direct from a manufacturer. And you know who else buys their machines from China? Phantom CNC. They may do some slight modifications and final assembly, but they are built in a factory not far from the one I bought in Jinan, China.

Matthew it sounds like a sales pitch to me, and mine was not the only comment you might notice. Joined in 2013 and no posts until these.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

6. Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Matthew it sounds like a sales pitch to me, and mine was not the only comment you might notice. Joined in 2013 and no posts until these.
    That's great, I am happy that you feel that way. Feel all you want. How about being a person and contacting me as I said as opposed to hiding behind relatively anonymous forum posts? I'll talk to you. I did not post for so long because I was busy with life, not being on any social media, not on forums, just working in my shop. So I have no influencing authority or followers, no reason to try to help out this company other than the desire to make the life of someone who wants to import a CNC machine a little easier by letting them know there is someone they ask questions to, and information about the process.

Grow up.