Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Inami View Post
I use my Festool for hand sanders, routers and miter saw. But I have a really large 5HP dust collector for my table saw and edge sander.

Which dust deputy do you have? The current model from Oneida has a 2" inlet, which means your 2.5" Rigid hose is not going to get that much CFM anyways. .
I just got an upgraded model they have with 2.5" inlets - haven't had it long enough to know how much improvement.

. How much CFM do you think the Rigid will give you? When I browsed their website, the CFM specs were not more than 130-150 CFM. This doesn't seem like much more than what a CT15 can give you.
Every model seems to be different (which may not be real) - but the one I was looking at showed 184 CFM. Whether it's much better than a CT15 I can't say - but more to the point, why spend twice as much for something at best equivalent, if not marginally worse?

Either way, I don't think any of these will be effective for your standing machines that really need the high volume collection (i.e. 400+ CFM).
Agree!