Thread: HF 2HP Dust Collector?

HF 2HP Dust Collector?

I'm wondering if this DC can be rewired for 220v? Have you done it?

Should be straightforward. Open the box on the motor and see if the wiring diagram is inside. Follow that, swap the 110V plug to the desired 220V plug and you’re in business.

Quote Originally Posted by William Chain View Post
    Should be straightforward. Open the box on the motor and see if the wiring diagram is inside. Follow that, swap the 110V plug to the desired 220V plug and you’re in business.
    I wish I could, however I don't have one yet. I'd like know if it can be done, in which case, I will consider buying one.

Nope. They are 120V only.

For the price of the DC at harbor freight these days, the crap coupon policy of late, if it were me I’d wait and watch CL for used DC. My local area always has a handful that are higher quality than HF, bigger impellers (people like to “upgrade” the HF with a Rikon impeller), and the uncertainty of 220 if that’s your desire points to CL. Just my 0.02.

I have a 2hp HF DC and I like it. Works fine. It would not work any differently on 220V. I don't know if it could be changed but I see no reason to change it.

My HF unit is 6 years old, but at that time the motor did not have a 240V option.